Author Topic: Walker Avenging Angel  (Read 3256 times)

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
Walker Avenging Angel
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:40:39 AM »
So i decided to do an avenging angel build out of my ASM colt address walker. Using a barrel i bought off feebay i cut her down to 2 3/4" rounded her off and reblued it. Yes i have fired it already and WOW it is impressive!!!!

more pics to come
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline Pustic

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Proud American Hillbilly Infidel
Re: Walker Avenging Angel
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:56:48 AM »
 (^h That gun is missing something, I just can't figure out what.  (^h :9)
{?( Be ye not afraid of the truth, for the "Truth Has No Agenda".  :9)
"If they come to take, they also come to die." Pustic 3:16

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
Bruce, looks pretty good. I like it!  {?|
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline PaleHawkDown

• Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 02:45:09 PM »
I bet that thing will light up the night.

Offline Kaboom

• too many hobbies, too little time.
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 03:21:16 PM »

I figgered it out. It haint got no front sight!  That's it, isn't it??    (^h (^h (^h
Black Powder smoke is my aromatherapy!

Offline Erich

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 03:56:51 PM »
Good Lord!  {:(

Offline Pustic

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Proud American Hillbilly Infidel
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 10:15:55 PM »

I figgered it out. It haint got no front sight!  That's it, isn't it??    (^h (^h (^h

Looks like it's missing more than the front sight, like the whole front end. (^h :9)
{?( Be ye not afraid of the truth, for the "Truth Has No Agenda".  :9)
"If they come to take, they also come to die." Pustic 3:16

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 10:36:12 AM »
It's a nice job, and definitely DIFFERENT! {:(

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 08:01:50 PM »
I like it!  I don't recall if it's "Gun's of the American West" (Dennis Adler), or one of my other one's that has a picture of a couple of different  Walker's that have been cut down.  Neat stuff!  I'm thinking that a C&B revolver collection isn't complete until an Avenging Angel is included.

They certainly do have their place in history, used by all type's of folk's from banker's, to shop keeper's to lawmen and other's. Easy to hide and I would imagine more than one found it's way into a gal's handbag.
Nothing expresses Liberty more, than the report of a rifle shot fired in the defense of Freedom.

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 09:20:18 AM »
" Easy to hide and I would imagine more than one found it's way into a gal's handbag."
I know what you mean but I still have to say that more than one in a gal's handbag would start to be heavy! ->i

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 09:21:06 AM »
" Easy to hide and I would imagine more than one found it's way into a gal's handbag."
I know what you mean but I still have to say that more than one in a gal's handbag would start to get heavy! ->i

Offline PaleHawkDown

• Forum Legend
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 09:54:22 AM »
I know what you mean but I still have to say that more than one in a gal's handbag would start to be heavy! ->i

HAHA. That reminds me of an exhibit I saw in the Hue, Vietnam military museum. The exhibit was dedicated to a Mrs. Nguyen, a Hero of The People's Army for her spy work.
I also strongly suspect that she was a hooker. The exhibit had several "gifts" from American GIs such as handkerchiefs, stoles, dresses and the like, some military pay chits, a 1911, maps, parts of American uniforms (including several undershirts and pairs of boxers), dog tags, binoculars, watches and pretty much anything else that could be gotten by rolling a drunk soldier. Her purse and its contents were also on display; perfume, extra ladies undies, a Makarov, red lipstick (which even now in Vietnam is only reserved for special occasions or skanky chicks), an embroidered hanky, a little camera, and a bunch of other items.

I pictured less of a James Bond, and more of a Saigon hooker with a klepto streak and a 20-pound purse.

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 08:52:37 PM »
Dear Friends,
            I have no doubt that the workmanship, and the ingenuity displayed in making this Sawn Off Walker, are Par Exellence!
I still prefer an un-modified Sheriff's Model with it's 5.5" barrel.  As I have often stated, I am a Little Guy, yet I have NO DIFFICULTY in concealing a stock Sheriff's Model under my skinny left arm and against my skinny chest!  I have the advantage of the full sight base, (7.25") an un-modified grip, and the very nice balance of this revolver.  All factors that would make it's use as a defense weapon more stable!
            I confess that I would not like to turn my Betsina loose in an, "Inside Situation."  Probably wouldn't be able to hear properly for a few days!  The only persons who have detected that I am,"Carrying," have been Police Officers, and one of those would not have seen the gun, had not an errant breeze caused my Safari Vest to blow to one side.  This particular officer surprised me by saying that he wished a lot more Citizen's went armed!  I guess there must be some truth in the statistics, that tell us that armed crime DOES go down, when Ctizens are permitted to go armed? I have heard people say both
ways, and have never bothered to look it up on the Internet to see which is the truth!
            While there must be two sides to every question, I know a lot of the anti-gun people will try and manipulate the figures to support their own viewpoint.  I still remember howling with laughter at an episode of, "All In The Family."  Archie Bunker was being asailed by his  Ditsy Blonde Daughter, who was on a, Gun Control Kick!  Talking right in her Father's face, she said, "Do you realize how many people were killed by guns in New York last month?"  Archie smiled at her indulgently, and replied, "Would it make you feel any better, Little Goil, if they was pushed out of windows?" I almost wet myself laughing when he made that comeback!  The shows we have on TV these days are nothing like the entertainment value that the old shows used to have!  I put a lot of it down to this disease we have rampant amongst the present Media Moguls! Political Correctness!
Speaking Personally I take a pride in being Politically IN-Correct!  Even before it came out, when I was a teenager, my Dad once told my Mom, "Our son calls a Spade, a Bloody Shovel!" If we all spoke oout, and said what we REALLY thought, the world would be a better place.  I just LOVE Suzuki Bruce's New Heading to his posts about Islam! I came across a photo of the tailgate of my old Pickup Truck.  I had forgotten all that I used to have taped onto that vehicle. It was during the Clinton
Reign of Licentiousness.  One said, "Bill Clinton would make a good Speed Bump." Another said,"Don't blame me! I didn't vote for the Draft Dodging, Yellow Bellied, Dope Smoking, Skirt chasing, Son-of-a-Bitch" There were four of them all told on the back of that truck. but I had forgotten them, until I was going through some old stuff, and saw the pictures of my Beloved Truck!
(That went in,"The Divorce,"  as well!)
                                                                                                      Johnnie Roper,Alias:Gunslinger9378.
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline SourMashII

• Forum Legend
  • Smokin'......
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »
Dear Friends,
            I have no doubt that the workmanship, and the ingenuity displayed in making this Sawn Off Walker, are Par Exellence!

.......words.........
                                                                                                      Johnnie Roper,Alias:Gunslinger9378.

Holy Shi-Ite!!!!!!!!!!

Johnyy, complimented an abortion of a firearm...!!!!!!!!!

By gum abd by Golly Johnny, I'm making it to AZ, yet, and we are gonna burn some powder and sip Sasparilla Soda.

You sir, have fully sealed the deal as far as my 110% respect.

My banter in counter to yours may seem negative, but I whole heartedly love your speels, I just get sensitive when you rip on the brassers as hard as you do. While we may share the same opinion, I am not going to tear down the prized new posession of a new afficiando, or a seasoned veteran of this sport.

My .36 will be a brasser, as my prejudice doesn't matter on a weapon that calls for lighter loads out of the box.
Soaking this up like a Parched sponge.

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 09:57:08 PM »
I'm sure I couldn't bring myself to do it to a new gun but could try it on a older second hand model like you did. I like it and I'm sure if you load that thing up it would get the job done, even with blank rounds you could set someone's fanny on fire with that, )L$
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.