Photobucket

Author Topic: Engraved Piettas on Sale at Cabela's  (Read 31523 times)

Offline Kaeto

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Official Mad Dog Nose Tweaker.
Re: Engraved Piettas on Sale at Cabela's
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 02:23:59 PM »
I'd be more likely to shoot the pimp in the mouth as to be the pimp.
“The path of the warrior is difficult! We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves! Honour in serving! Honour in defending! Honour in dying for a just cause!”

"A knight is sworn to valor; His heart knows only virtue; His blade defends the helpless; His might upholds the weak; His word speaks only truth,
and his wrath undoes the wicked."

Offline Wolfgang

• Wolfgang's Wild West
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 07:35:31 AM »
At that price I figure that they are laser engraved.   Which is Ok . . . but not for me.   :)
Beware the man with one gun,.... he probably knows  how to use it.

Offline st8linegunsmith

• Teh Polygrip Kids Alter Ego
    • Chat Town Leather Heads Leather Working Guild Chattanooga, TN
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 07:42:58 AM »
this would be a good piece to make a little extra dough in the future if you keep it untouched and in the box.

Offline Sooty Barrels

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 08:11:31 AM »
 ])M I received a Cabela's catalog on 6-3-14 it had the revolver reg. price $400. sale price $300. I thought about it for a couple days went on line 6-5-14 it was on sale for $230. with free shipping. I haven't had an engraved firearm before, couldn't resist and ordered one! (On back order)  (T^
Shoot-em if you got-em!

Offline Woody127

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2014, 10:59:53 AM »
Like Richard, I need another 1858 like I need a hole in the head. {_K The price was irresistible. Sometimes I think I would be better off with a Heroin

addiction.  ::)

I will just sit on it, New in the box.

Products Ordered

1 of 21-8778 PIETTA 1858 ARMY ENG .44 CAL. REVOLVER 1858 ARMY BL ENG .44 @ $229.99 each
Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 06/25/14

Offline DaveInGA

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 10:32:16 PM »
Just ordered one myself.  Really like the way it looks.
Dave In Georgia

Online ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 05:52:16 AM »
Hi, Cabelas notified me that my backordered engraved 1858 has been shipped. The revolver is still listed on the Cabelas website as backorderable, $230.

Frankly, I'm a bit confused about this revolver sale. Over the last few years I have occasionally seen a revolver go on sale at Cabelas for a day or so. The sales around Christmas last longer. The engraved revolver sale has been going on for a long time, much longer than experienced for sales in the past. Didn't the engraved 1858 meet Pietta and Cabelas sales expectations to sell at a premium price?

Regards,
Richard   
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline mike116

• Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.com
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 06:51:58 AM »
Hi, Cabelas notified me that my backordered engraved 1858 has been shipped. The revolver is still listed on the Cabelas website as backorderable, $230.

Frankly, I'm a bit confused about this revolver sale. Over the last few years I have occasionally seen a revolver go on sale at Cabelas for a day or so. The sales around Christmas last longer. The engraved revolver sale has been going on for a long time, much longer than experienced for sales in the past. Didn't the engraved 1858 meet Pietta and Cabelas sales expectations to sell at a premium price?

Regards,
Richard

Been wondering the same thing Richard.   I waited and kept thinking the sale would end and I'd save the money.  When the sale lasted over the weekend I couldn't resist any longer and went to Cabelas.
Normally these sales only last a day or two.   The store still says they are available at $299 not $229.  I called yesterday and asked.

Offline st8linegunsmith

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 09:16:54 AM »
the 229 price is a web sale not an in store sale so the in store price will be more than the on line sale price.

Offline mike116

• Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.com
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2014, 09:46:22 AM »
There is no web only sales, Cabelas honors any advertised price in their stores.  If you find something online cheaper than in the store all you have to do is have them look it up online. They will give you the online price.  There is no mention of web only pricing in the online ad.

Online ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 09:55:38 AM »
 Hi Mike, have you been able to determine what is the material of the gold color of the engraving?  (^h (^h (^h

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline st8linegunsmith

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2014, 10:44:19 AM »
There is no web only sales, Cabelas honors any advertised price in their stores.  If you find something online cheaper than in the store all you have to do is have them look it up online. They will give you the online price.  There is no mention of web only pricing in the online ad.
Did I say web only?
yes Cabelas in store must honor all advertised prices but the website posts sales that in store does not advertise or in most cases in store employees are unaware of any on line sales until they look it up on line.
same goes for in store stores will have sales that are not advertised on line.

Offline mike116

• Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.com
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 10:50:53 AM »
Semantics.  Bottomline if it's on sale online it's onsale in the store.

Offline mike116

• Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.com
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2014, 10:57:44 AM »
Hi Mike, have you been able to determine what is the material of the gold color of the engraving?  (^h (^h (^h

Regards,
Richard

I don't really know what give it the gold tint Richard.  It looks gold in some instances and more silver in others.  It must have something to do with the way the light is reflected off the etching.
I really don't know how someone will have this gun in hand and be able to leave it untouched in the box.  you really need to get it out and wipe the oil off in order to appreciate it.
For me,  I bought this thing for myself and I will shoot it and show it off.  I will begin making the holster rig for it this weekend.