Author Topic: Companion with caps and pellets (video)  (Read 1290 times)

Offline YosemiteSam

Companion with caps and pellets (video)
« on: March 10, 2014, 08:02:33 PM »
I made this video for another forum that doesn't know about BP, hence the disclaimer...
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i407/justburn/72648892f03d9436241da682e1057e79.mp4

Offline YosemiteSam

Re: Companion with caps and pellets (video)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 08:04:56 PM »
Oh and that's  a California dwarf maple tree ;)

Offline Classanr

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • BP, the original bug chaser!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 08:31:41 PM »
Thanks for sharing.  Those caps can do a treat.  How far down the chamber did you load the pellet?  Just until the skirt hit the "step"?

Have you tried powder behind the pellet?  Blown any skirts off yet?
Jim Beam me, Scotty!  Life here is more intelligent than I.

Offline YosemiteSam

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 10:11:12 PM »
Thanks for sharing.  Those caps can do a treat.  How far down the chamber did you load the pellet?  Just until the skirt hit the "step"?

The pellets seat soo loose, after I shoot sometimes I have to push them back in.  They hold in with friction but just barely... I might smash em with a hammer first to widen the skirt a little... No powder yet with pellets... But I've loaded a full scoop of triple se7en behind the 30 grain NAA bullet and shot some cans....   I have like 340 bullets so no need to shoot pellets, just wanted to see what they did with only a cap.

Offline Classanr

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • BP, the original bug chaser!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 10:56:51 PM »

The pellets seat soo loose, after I shoot sometimes I have to push them back in.  They hold in with friction but just barely... I might smash em with a hammer first to widen the skirt a little... No powder yet with pellets... But I've loaded a full scoop of triple se7en behind the 30 grain NAA bullet and shot some cans....   I have like 340 bullets so no need to shoot pellets, just wanted to see what they did with only a cap.

Loose?  Then push 'em in nose-first with some bullet lube (the stiffy stuff that stays in lube grooves) between the head and skirt.  Fill the skirt with some more lube.  It sounds wierd, but definitely improves the smack from primer-only shots.  Let's see, loose... probably using .220 diam pellets.  They do make .222 and .223 pellets.  Also, if carefully done, you can press that .220 down past the "little ledge" into the actual powder chamber.  That will boost the velocity too.  Again, you might find it easier to shove the .220 pellet in nose-first to wedge into the "little ledge".

Do a search on subject "tannenberg".  There is a fairly recent series of discussions about how that NAA c&b chamber is designed to work.  It is not like your .44, so make good advantage of it.  You should be able to get true 22mag performance out of that little tyke!
Jim Beam me, Scotty!  Life here is more intelligent than I.

Offline YosemiteSam

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 08:51:42 AM »

Loose?  Then push 'em in nose-first with some bullet lube (the stiffy stuff that stays in lube grooves) between the head and skirt.  Fill the skirt with some more lube.  It sounds wierd, but definitely improves the smack from primer-only shots.  Let's see, loose... probably using .220 diam pellets.  They do make .222 and .223 pellets.  Also, if carefully done, you can press that .220 down past the "little ledge" into the actual powder chamber.  That will boost the velocity too.  Again, you might find it easier to shove the .220 pellet in nose-first to wedge into the "little ledge".

Do a search on subject "tannenberg".  There is a fairly recent series of discussions about how that NAA c&b chamber is designed to work.  It is not like your .44, so make good advantage of it.  You should be able to get true 22mag performance out of that little tyke!
Trust I'm very well read on the subject now.  Lol. I want to try bullseye next