Photobucket

Author Topic: Naa companion.... Arghhhhh  (Read 4804 times)

Offline mike116

• Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.com
Re: Naa companion.... Arghhhhh
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »
I've been interested in the Earl since Classanr started posting about them a while back.  I've handled a couple (They were NIB) at gun shows but since they are kind of scarce the price is a bit inflated.  Hope to find one reasonably priced from a LGS or maybe the gun show prices will come down.

Offline YosemiteSam

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »
I've been interested in the Earl since Classanr started posting about them a while back.  I've handled a couple (They were NIB) at gun shows but since they are kind of scarce the price is a bit inflated.  Hope to find one reasonably priced from a LGS or maybe the gun show prices will come down.
If I can find one I'll buy it LOL! But i think boot grips will hold me over

Offline YosemiteSam

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 10:13:21 PM »
This is my next handgun buy if its available when and if I can find one locally so far haven't seen any.

I have a local FFL in California that thinks he can order me one and DROS it as a magnum mini

Offline Tom-ADC

• Old Salt
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »
Here's my little guy! Hey Sam where you at?

US Navy Retired, NRA life member, VFW life member, American Legion, FRA, KofC
Time Magazine person of the year.....2006

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 01:07:42 PM »
Sam might be playing with his cat sneeze 223 loads! (?^

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 01:38:03 PM »
Dear Friends,
            Perhaps I am too Old an Old Fart, but I totally fail to see the allure of these tiny Mouse Guns!  If a little sawn off runt like myself, can successfullly conceal a 5'5" barreled Remington 1858, then what in Tarnation is the POINT of these fiddly little things?  They seem quite likely to slip around in the hand, they are so tiny, and unless you are the kind of marksman that is able to shoot all six rounds through the same hole at ten yards, WHAT USE ARE THEY?  They certainly would not frighten away a bad guy.  He'd think you had picked up your child's cap gun! A well nourished Mouse cold probably flex his pectoral muscles, and bounce the projectile off! "Back In The Day," REAL MEN, who carried .44's, used to say that the .36 would give a man a,"Skin Complaint!"  I put these things in the same category as the tiny .22's one could buy some years ago, that clipped on the front of a Western Belt Buckle!  The owner of the belt could probably have done as well, by slipping the belt out of his belt loops, and castigating the person attacking him by swinging the buckle at him as a sort of limp club!
            The durned things look so small, that even with my hands, I think I'd have difficulty in cocking the hammer and then finding the trigger quickly! From MY point of view, the things are a waste of time and money, but people are different, and I suppose some are prone to the attraction of tiny little gadjets like this!  I guess if they retailed for $5.oo it wouldn't be to bad, but Hell, you can buy a .44 for the money some of you guys are laying out for these things!
                                                                                                        Johnnie Roper,Alias:Gunslinger9378.
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 01:55:46 PM »
Johnnie, speaking for myself I have always had a weakness for small guns. These (the black powder guns) do have more wallop than a 22 magnum! Several years ago I had one in 22 LR, and as you predicted, it would move around in the hand. I did shoot it quite a bit, but sold it to a friend who wanted it. Now I am playing with the same gun as a C&B revolver! I guess it's the old story "different strokes for different folks".

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 02:07:16 PM »
Dear Mazo Kid,

AMEN, BROTHER!

Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline YosemiteSam

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 02:15:58 PM »
 (5&
Dear Friends,
            Perhaps I am too Old an Old Fart, but I totally fail to see the allure of these tiny Mouse Guns!  If a little sawn off runt like myself, can successfullly conceal a 5'5" barreled Remington 1858, then what in Tarnation is the POINT of these fiddly little things?  They seem quite likely to slip around in the hand, they are so tiny, and unless you are the kind of marksman that is able to shoot all six rounds through the same hole at ten yards, WHAT USE ARE THEY?  They certainly would not frighten away a bad guy.  He'd think you had picked up your child's cap gun! A well nourished Mouse cold probably flex his pectoral muscles, and bounce the projectile off! "Back In The Day," REAL MEN, who carried .44's, used to say that the .36 would give a man a,"Skin Complaint!"  I put these things in the same category as the tiny .22's one could buy some years ago, that clipped on the front of a Western Belt Buckle!  The owner of the belt could probably have done as well, by slipping the belt out of his belt loops, and castigating the person attacking him by swinging the buckle at him as a sort of limp club!
            The durned things look so small, that even with my hands, I think I'd have difficulty in cocking the hammer and then finding the trigger quickly! From MY point of view, the things are a waste of time and money, but people are different, and I suppose some are prone to the attraction of tiny little gadjets like this!  I guess if they retailed for $5.oo it wouldn't be to bad, but Hell, you can buy a .44 for the money some of you guys are laying out for these things!
Ah good sir, I'm a meager 5'9 145lbs of Lean American... I cannot disguise the handgun (my pietta 5.5" .44) as anything other than an erection, a tail, or a giant flank of ribs... The .22 slips in my pocket, and after firing it, I'm very confident it will stop an attacker if needed.  It's the gun that will ALWAYS be with me, even in gym shorts and a wife beater(a shirt undershirt!)

Offline YosemiteSam

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 02:22:13 PM »
Here's my little guy! Hey Sam where you at?

Looking awesome!  At first I wanted the magnum sized, but after reading, I think the mini with some smokeless is the ticket... Although triple se7en is doing great

Offline Tom-ADC

• Old Salt
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 02:26:56 PM »
Sam what part of CA are you in? I'm in San Diego area.

Offline YosemiteSam

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 02:27:56 PM »
Yosemite national park
Sam what part of CA are you in? I'm in San Diego area.

Offline Tom-ADC

• Old Salt
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 03:14:16 PM »
Great place we haven't been there for a couple of years, maybe this summer..

Offline YosemiteSam

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »
Great place we haven't been there for a couple of years, maybe this summer..
Made me a little pocket holster to hold me over... Lol I love gorilla tape, the part that the gun goes into was from a "pocket microscope" the tape gives it stability and holds it upright in my pocket

Offline Classanr

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • BP, the original bug chaser!
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 04:57:41 PM »

Made me a little pocket holster to hold me over... Lol I love gorilla tape, the part that the gun goes into was from a "pocket microscope" the tape gives it stability and holds it upright in my pocket

A little bit of two-way tape on the outside would keep the holster in the pocket while you quick-draw.  Brings a new concept:  "Tape Wad" as an AOW.  So far, in the "cheapskate holster contest" you are way ahead of whoever is in second place.  I'm a distant 1500th with a $1 fake DeSantis.
Jim Beam me, Scotty!  Life here is more intelligent than I.