Author Topic: Trigger stop  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Lostcat

Trigger stop
« on: February 27, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
Ok so no pics,it didn't happen.
Top, Ruger standard trigger plunger,middle,5 minute mock up in brass to get the length and check.
Bottom,Stainless,increased the diameter by .2mm and polished.
The replacement plunger now bottoms out in the hole.
Had to just round the hammer at the half cock,highest point on the arc,less than a trigger job.
now have no overtravel at all but bet I still can't hit a cows arse with a banjo.
All working sweet,find ROA all a bit snap,crackle and pop compared to Rems.
Phone camera not good but files small enough to post.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:13:54 PM by Lostcat »

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Trigger stop
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 01:28:58 PM »
Hmmmmm, I like that! Might have to do the same to my old ROA. No drilling/tapping of the trigger or trigger guard.

Offline Lostcat

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 02:05:29 PM »
I be a simple clockmaker, overall length of part mine needed 18.6mm,no doubt they'll all be a bit different.
The radius on the outside end touches the center of the back of the blade when cocked,the hole in the grip frame is drilled in at an angle so that the contact point varies.

Offline D. Buck Stopshere

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:24:07 PM »
The "poor man's" alternative to the fine work "Lostcat" did is simpler than you think. I bought a detent ball bearing from my local gunsmith. He built match guns.

In his ball bearing box were different diameters. After an hour of trying different diameters, I found the proper size, and bought a few extra for spares (easy to lose when disassembling revolver).

It works!

Go online to Brownells, and type in search block: "Detent Ball Kit". When you see the photo of the kit, click on it, and it will show you the eight sizes in the kit, describing the diameter of each size ball bearing.

Hope this helps,
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:32:32 PM by D. Buck Stopshere »