Photobucket

Author Topic: 1863 Remington Pocket  (Read 16534 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
Re: 1863 Remington Pocket
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 06:25:19 AM »
Get a copy of the Congressional Record?

A copy of the Affordable Care Act?

A 50BMG wouldn't go through it.
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline rodwha

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »
My San Antonio, TX phone book has nearly 1200 pages.
"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day

Offline PaleHawkDown

• Forum Legend
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 11:42:40 AM »
Wow, either cell phone service is nearly non-existent in "San Antone," or there are a ton of businesses and government offices there.

Offline jdurand

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Mostly Harmless
    • Company web site
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 12:01:49 PM »
I just got in a new sight for my air rifle since the old one was easy to knock out of alignment (rodent just sits there thinking "did something just go flying by?").  Conveniently in the same mail delivery was a 600 page glossy catalog.

The sight is now aligned and the catalog is a lot harder to read.  :)

For general info, air rifle pellets will go through at least 200 sheets (to page 400) of said glossy paper.  One went all the way through, I'm guessing one landed square on top of a previous shot and took advantage of the pre-made hole.
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Paracelsus)
NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of California member

Offline PaleHawkDown

• Forum Legend
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 05:34:29 PM »
I just got in a new sight for my air rifle since the old one was easy to knock out of alignment (rodent just sits there thinking "did something just go flying by?").  Conveniently in the same mail delivery was a 600 page glossy catalog.

The sight is now aligned and the catalog is a lot harder to read.  :)

For general info, air rifle pellets will go through at least 200 sheets (to page 400) of said glossy paper.  One went all the way through, I'm guessing one landed square on top of a previous shot and took advantage of the pre-made hole.

True story: I used to own a pet store. I went away for the weekend and left an employee in charge. When I got back I realized that she had not secured the lid to the rat cage and had let all the feeder rats loose. I spent weeks catching them, but they multiply quickly and I soon began to set traps. When they got to smart for traps I began sitting around the shop in the dark with a CO2 pistol.
My nemesis was this giant mama rat that was capable of getting pregnant while she was already pregnant.
It is a great thing to have in a feeder rat breeder, but a terrible thing to have on the loose, since it meant a half-dozen new babies a week.

One night I watched her pop her head out of her hole, and I fired my pistol, taking her nose clean off. Unfortunately my water pipe was behind that nose. Even in death that stupid rat managed to cause property damage.

Offline jdurand

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Mostly Harmless
    • Company web site
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 08:23:27 PM »
I did a calculation of the power/energy of my air gun.  It's pretty close to 1/10th the power of one of our Remingtons with a standard load.  Add to that a small diameter pellet made of hard lead and you have a pipe perforater.
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Paracelsus)
NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of California member

Offline rodwha

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 08:24:08 PM »
 (?^
"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2014, 06:44:37 AM »
Hi, it's July 16th, half way to either excitement or utter disappointment.

Pietta 1863 steel frame, where are you?  (^h (^h (^h

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline PaleHawkDown

• Forum Legend
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 09:15:27 AM »
I asked that very same question. It seems the Nation of Italy, or at least the portion that includes the Pietta factory, took the month of July off. I do not understand why they told us "July" if they knew they were going on vacation. To make matters worse, the company in Spain that makes the rifles is also off this month. What a way to run a nation.

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 11:40:10 AM »
I asked that very same question. It seems the Nation of Italy, or at least the portion that includes the Pietta factory, took the month of July off. I do not understand why they told us "July" if they knew they were going on vacation. To make matters worse, the company in Spain that makes the rifles is also off this month. What a way to run a nation.

Hi Lee, guess I better stop holding my breath? The Jedediah STARR Trading Co. lists a steel frame Pietta 1863. I emailed them and asked if the revolver was in stock. They told me that they expect to have that revolver back in stock September 2014.

Regards,
Richard

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 02:07:25 PM »
Hard to figure Italy and scheduling at time's.  I was ther for 27 month's in the mid seventie's. If it wasn't "holiday", or siesta, it was communist ( most working party) that was striking for better whatever.
Nothing expresses Liberty more, than the report of a rifle shot fired in the defense of Freedom.

Offline PaleHawkDown

• Forum Legend
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 03:53:23 PM »

Hi Lee, guess I better stop holding my breath? The Jedediah STARR Trading Co. lists a steel frame Pietta 1863. I emailed them and asked if the revolver was in stock. They told me that they expect to have that revolver back in stock September 2014.

Regards,
Richard

I will be extremely cross if we have to wait until September, and even more so if another company gets them before us after how long we have already waited.

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2014, 06:08:24 AM »
Hi, it's July 16th, half way to either excitement or utter disappointment.

Regards,
Richard

Hi, it's July 31st, I'm now in utter disappointment.  (u^ (u^ (u^ (u^ (u^ (u^

Regards,
Richard

Offline PaleHawkDown

• Forum Legend
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »
They still have a few hours to get them to us "on time." Come August 1, though, I will be making some calls.

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »
They still have a few hours to get them to us "on time." Come August 1, though, I will be making some calls.

and?