Author Topic: rogers and spencer revolver  (Read 3106 times)

Offline WASH BUSTER

rogers and spencer revolver
« on: October 20, 2013, 05:19:51 PM »
Can someone give me an idea what aRogers and Spencer 44 Revolver might be worth.It's a Euro arms.It's new in the box.Thanks

Offline KapundBall

Re: rogers and spencer revolver
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 09:04:00 PM »
I bought a used, excellent condition Euroarms R&S with an extra cylinder for $325. I think that was an excellent deal.

NIB, but given that they are no longer made, this may put some folks off. I would say you could get $300 for it if you were patient. A Hege NIB failed to sell recently on GB after several goes with a reserve north of $325.
I recently mentioned to a friend that I was getting more interested in Black Powder. He said, "What, like Malcolm X and the Black Panthers?"

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 09:53:39 PM »
They were going for around $400.00 when I bought mine, right after Euroarms bought the farm. They've held that line until recently when I'm seeing them listed for $3-350 on the auction sites. Bear in mind that mine was unfired, and I paid less than the going rate.
Pedersoli still makes one, from what I'm told, in the $700.00 range.
I'd say anything between 3 and 4 bills would be a decent deal. Anything less, snag it!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 12:15:31 PM »
Them's big old bucks. (^h
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline BGRooster1

• Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 12:16:22 PM »
 I watch a few auctions everyday and keep track of a  number of different firearms. The Euroarms Rogers & Spencer revolver has sold for as little as $225 to well over $400 in the last 9 months. Recently, one in August had a starting bid of $365 and didn't get one bid. In Sept. one sold with an extra cylinder for $260 and one for $305 without any extras. They have been around the $275 - $350 generally for the fixed sight and higher for the adjustable sighted version. All look to be in very good to excellent condition.
Maj.Bull S. Hitter on the CAS forum

Better to ask forgiveness.Than to beg permission

Cap & Ball revolvers are like Lay's potato chips , you can't have just one!!

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 10:18:05 PM »
One was listed  on the Cast Boolits forum for $300 and was picked up right away. I think it was new or as new.

Offline BGRooster1

• Forum Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
GunBroker has 4 of them listed at this time.

Offline KapundBall

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=372352803

This one is the target model with the barrel by Lothar Walther and the adjustable sights. Will likely go for under $350. Good deal   (T^
I recently mentioned to a friend that I was getting more interested in Black Powder. He said, "What, like Malcolm X and the Black Panthers?"

Offline BGRooster1

• Forum Legend
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 11:53:07 AM »
How is it you know it is a Lothar Walther barrel ? I can't make out the LW stamp or any other indication of it being a Lothar Walther. Fill me in please.http://www.naturabuy.fr/ROGERS-SPENCER-Canon-NEUBAUER-Version-MATCH-Cal-44-item-933161.html Scroll down on this page.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:23:54 PM by BGRooster1 »

Offline KapundBall

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 01:45:29 PM »
I don't. I am assuming it is because of the target sight set up. It may well not be. I'm sorry. :(

Offline BGRooster1

• Forum Legend
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 10:44:54 PM »
I have one like the pic. It does not have the Lothar Walther barrel. I have only seen the LW version with a drift adjustable front sight, though I think it was also made with a fixed front . The ones that I have are the fully adjustable rear sighted and fixed sight models. Both of mine have the 1:26 1/2,71/2"  barrel. The LW has a 1:17,7".

Offline KapundBall

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »
Mine is the non target with the brass cone front sight (currently being replaced with the dovetailed driftable sight) and the 1:26 / 7.5" barrel. You are probably right. I have only seen the Lothar Walther barrels with the driftable front sight. I called Lothar Walther a few weeks ago on the off chance that they had any barrels left over from the contract. They did not.