Author Topic: . . . . Some Brass . . . .  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Wolfgang

• Wolfgang's Wild West
. . . . Some Brass . . . .
« on: February 01, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »
I've got a few Brass Remingtons . . .

The first one I purchased off of Gun Broker . . . Brass Frame '58 Pietta.  See it at  11 oclock in this picture, . . .

http://www.drburkholter.com/cf6.html . . bottom of the page.

And a "shorty" that I made out of a very rough brass ASM that I got as part of a deal on some other stuff.  It's at 9 Oclock in the same picture.

And then I got another Pietta brasser . . . just cuz that first one of mine was "lonely" and need a companion.  It is at 5 Oclock in the picture.

But then, . . . . I figured I needed a long barreled one . . . so got a barrel from VTI gun parts . . and made up this, . . .

http://www.drburkholter.com/cf19.html  I pull that out from under my frock coat and people go  {:(

( note . . the conversion cylinder that is shown in it is for the use of blanks only not live rounds.)
Beware the man with one gun,.... he probably knows  how to use it.

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
Re: . . . . Some Brass . . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 09:39:23 PM »
Very nice! I like your approach to "creating" guns you want.
I have done very well with brassers, having owned four Remmies and sold off three of them. They are a darn inexpensive way to get into the hobby, and if you load 'em light (20 grains or less) seem to hold up much better than the screw-in arbor Colt relicas.

I bought THIS pig-in-a-poke as you see it here for under 50 bucks:

And wound up with THIS a little later, after buying a new cylinder & nipples and spending a few evenings playing:

Unfired, yet!

They are out there. The brassers can be snagged on the auction sites for a little over 100 bucks if you watch & wait. Considering a decent steel-framed Remmy runs 200+, it's not a bad entry-level gun. And, brass is easy to work, blend, shape and polish.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Wolfgang

• Wolfgang's Wild West
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 10:53:24 PM »
I'd passed up a couple of factory produced long barreled brass ones as I don't care for the long range sights that the put on them.   

And I passed up one steel frame long barreled one by ASM just because I was on a tight budget at the time  (u^  :'(  :(
Beware the man with one gun,.... he probably knows  how to use it.

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 11:09:44 PM »
Well; either you CAN or you CAN'T.
If you only short by $20.00, it might as well be $200.00. Would've been a nice gun to own, but...there will always be another.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 01:01:23 PM »
Those ALL look great!  {?|
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!