Dont ever kick a sleeping dog.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
Re: G &G
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 03:49:38 PM »
Boomstik, Nice one! Are you going to shine that brass up?  Anything wrong with this gun?
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline MuzzleMarc

• Oh-fishul Hot Dog Griller and Peanut Salesman
  • Forum Legend
  • That's a really nice weapon
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 03:59:19 PM »
Did you buy it or did you really find it somewhere?

MuzzleMarc
I was always wondering. Do people in China have things "Made In USA ?"

Offline Boomstik

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 04:20:54 PM »
Sam, nothing obviously wrong with it, I just got it this mornin and aint had a chance to take it apart yet. It does need a cleaning and yes Im gonna shine it up.  And Marc, Yes I did find it at ashop in town. I didnt have the scratch to spend, but it was set in front of me this mornin as an early Val. day gift. And yep im gonna marry that gal, she understands and supports my hobby. Cant beat that. Soon as i cleanit up ill know more, couldnt wait to post a pic.

Offline towboater

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »
Congrats!!!!!!!!  Give er a bath, a little fixin up here n thare, she'll be. right smart looker.  ;)

Offline Boomstik

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »
Congrats!!!!!!!!  Give er a bath, a little fixin up here n thare, she'll be. right smart looker.  ;)
     You referin to tha gal or tha gun?? &j(

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 05:43:13 PM »

Are ya sayin his gal ain't a 10 but she cleans up nice? (^h
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Offline towboater

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 06:24:56 PM »
I's talkin bout the gun, ain't seen the gal. But if she gives guns fer gifts, she's sure a keeper.

Offline scobrien

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 07:12:03 PM »
She (the pistol that is) is a dandy. I like the look of the patina on the brass. Matches the wear and age on the rest of the gun. Ain't it neat to come across these used guns in the shops when you actually get to take them home with you for keeps?

Offline Fingers McGee

• Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 10:50:59 PM »
LOokie what I found.   

Great find Boomstik.  There aren't many of those short barreled G&Gs in the right caliber around.  They're mostly found in the historically incorrect .44s ( (L% the devil made me do it.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS 28564-LTG-Regulator, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Founding member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters.  Member:  The Ozarks Posse, Southern Missouri Rangers, Moniteau Creek River Raiders, Butterfield Trail Cowboys.

Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Boomstik

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 01:02:08 AM »
Boys Im joshin bout the girl, besides bein born ,shes the best thing thats happened to me. wWe will be married this year ,I dont care if it hairlips the pope. I just tore this thing down and theres two markins on it. there both proof house stamps from Italy. It does have Navy Arms on the barrel.I dont care who made it, Im gonna shoot it. Not only that but Anne likes it so it will be her intro to BP. Its a win win for me . {L* (T^

Offline Lizardo

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 07:02:49 PM »
There ya go!
Weebles wobble but they won't fall down...