Author Topic: new to me Rodgers & Spencer  (Read 6328 times)

Offline Indy4570

• it's personal...
new to me Rodgers & Spencer
« on: December 25, 2011, 07:48:18 PM »
so even on Christmas I am watching GB, OK I had a bid on a gun that was ending today. I was watching another auction and damn I just had to...I will own a R&S in a few days....it was only $266 + shipping and I won the other auction from the same guy so maybe he will combine, it is a little 5 inch barrel .44 navy colt. I need a keeper.... M__

I know I know...I'm a man and I can change.... :-[
" Hey Hombre, don't shoot no more!!!"
"It's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call

Offline kansaskat

Re: new to me Rodgers & Spencer
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 07:49:52 PM »
hmmmm somebody watches Red Green

Offline Indy4570

• it's personal...
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
hmmmm somebody watches Red Green

awwww keep yer stick on the ice..... ;)
"It's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 08:10:01 PM »
Buying a gun off GB on CHRISTMAS!!!????
Indy, y'oughta be ashamed! M__
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline rdstrain49

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 09:34:32 PM »
I don't find ya handsome or handy.  (?^
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline Indy4570

• it's personal...
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 10:26:31 PM »
well I just got me some great news! the guy sent an email back and he is gonna pay the shipping on both of these!! I know it is only $40 but it adds tot he price and makes it harder for me to make a buck. Now I got em REAL CHEAP so my only extra expense is the cost of a money order and about $5 for a priority envelope to get it to him fast. I should be playin with my new shooters by the end of the week! :-* I ain't excited or nuthin.... (o&

Offline scobrien

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 11:24:11 PM »
You will really like that R & S. It sure does look to be in outstanding shape based on the pic that you posted. Have one exactly like it myself. Good for you on winning the bid on two fine revolvers at a great price.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:22:57 AM by scobrien »

Offline Indy4570

• it's personal...
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 11:45:29 PM »
I always look at the names, and wonder if I am bidding against one of the pards here or at another forum. OK, I admit that I have almost stopped goin to any forum but this one. :-*

Offline ozarkguy

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 09:14:48 AM »
Good catch Indy, especially on that nice R&S.  Well done!

Offline Fingers McGee

• Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 11:52:29 AM »
Verrrrry nice Rogers & Spencer Indy.  Would love to have that one for my C&B colection.  Is that a fluted cylinder, or just the light playng tricks on my old eyes?.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 11:56:29 AM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS 28564-LTG-Regulator, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Founding member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters.  Member:  The Ozarks Posse, Southern Missouri Rangers, Moniteau Creek River Raiders, Butterfield Trail Cowboys.

Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Indy4570

• it's personal...
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »
that there is just a trick of light Fingers, it does not have a fluted cylinder at all, just a plain round one.

I was surfin round the web the other day and found a short barrel 58 Remington with a case colored frame and checkered walnut grips and a fully fluted cylinder on it. I can't recall the site that had it but damn it was sure purty! I got to salivatin and a droolin and had to step back from my puter for fear of shortin the thang out!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 12:19:07 PM by Indy4570 »

Offline Indy4570

• it's personal...
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 12:14:11 PM »
I found it, now ain't that a pretty lil shooter? it is an EMF offering for $365. A steal for that kind of beeA yootiful pistola.

http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1858-SHERIFF-CASEHARDENED-STEEL-c190.htm

(notice they are a sayin that its "casehardened" NOT  "case coloured"....hmmmmmmm.)

I spose here is where I should put the fact that I ain't filliated with EMF in anyways shapes or forms an that this here ain't no dorsement for any of the same... ;)

Offline Indy4570

• it's personal...
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 05:31:28 PM »
well it's here, now all I have to do is clean it up and get it shot! I may not have time before the show this weekend. It may go to a new home. :'( life goes on, we will see what one sells! The 51 is a keeper so far.

Offline Indy4570

• it's personal...
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 05:55:16 PM »
                                 Those are all nice guns.

with any luck I will sell some other guns and keep em all!!! ;) I would love to keep all four of them but I bought a few with the idea of selling them. At least that is what I told my wife.... :-X     (?^

Offline rdstrain49

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 06:23:22 PM »
I've tried that one, it didn't work .))
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
Norman Schwartzkopf