Photobucket

Author Topic: How do you store your Remmy?  (Read 22687 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
How do you store your Remmy?
« on: July 02, 2011, 02:51:12 PM »
How do you store your Remmy? Lockbox? Gun Safe? Dresser drawer?
Mine is locked up in a pistol gun safe with the rest of the revolvers. I would love to have them out in a viewable display case, especially since I usually like to handle them on a daily basis, but 'out of sight, out of mind' is the watchword for thieves. Especially since I had a digital camera grow legs one day after a couple of my grown son's friends were over (back when he lived here and was going to local college) We never could prove definitively which one of the two took it, but they were alone in the room for several minutes while he was in the bathroom. I noticed the camera missing from the dock next to my computer minutes after they'd left and had been downloading photos shortly before they arrived. Trust no one, have no regrets. So, I have to keep them under lock & key.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
Re: How do you store your Remmy?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
at night they are on my dresser 3 feet from the bed during the day they are either laying on the coffee table or on the kitchen table, or living room and kitchen are one big room togather and the bedroom and bath are the only other rooms in our little cabin, so usually within reach is the best answer! {?|
if yall get this way,drop on by!

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 07:35:21 PM »
Locked away wrapped in oil rags and sealed in air tight 20mm ammo cans along with the rest of my BP revolver collection except for the stainless steel one, I shoot that one most of the time so it's out in my regular vault.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.  Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Smokey

• Domain Adminstrator
  • Administrator
  • Forum Legend
    • 1858Remington.com
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 03:34:23 PM »
Storage? I keep mine holstered and ready.

Offline kwilfong

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 03:47:09 PM »
Lately mine have mostly been on the arm of my couch where they're handy when I'm watching the tube or surfing. My safe is full & I need to get another one.
I reckon so

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 03:53:09 PM »
kevin you can ship them to me and ill sit on them for you till you can swing another safe

Offline kwilfong

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 04:12:59 PM »
 I think I'll just keep them here  ;) I find great comfort in keeping them close, even tho the "hot" ones are cartidge guns (I don't "play" with those)
 On another thread here we've been talking about the dangers of sharing the woods with less-than-competent hunters. I wonder how many of the ones we're afraid of handle their weapons on a daily basis? I know the guy I share my deer woods with never fires a shot in the off season. I'm not worried about him for safety reasons but he sure misses a lot.
I reckon so

Offline Smokey

• Domain Adminstrator
  • Administrator
  • Forum Legend
    • 1858Remington.com
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 07:01:32 PM »
I usually have at least one within reaching distance, the other one nearby. At night, one on the floor beside the bed, sometimes one under a pillow. The problem is, I have only two...  (H^

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 11:48:07 PM »
I usually find myself "playing guns" every couple of days....partially to keep them cleaned and oiled, and partially because I like handling them. {L*
I'm more cautious handling the cartridge guns, accidents can & will happen, the BPs I know are safe after the complete strip & clean I give them after a range session!
There's just so much history and romance (yeah, I said romance!) in these old C&Bs.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

chuckr1952

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 06:26:38 AM »
     Most are put up but I display a few BP guns, my daughter has friends stay the night and come over to play so I leave no modern guns out, all locked in a closet.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 08:36:21 AM »
Mine are all over in my den. I do keep the ammo away in the green OD steel ammo cans. I just like to look and touch mine. I do keep my den door locked when other( in-laws, nosey people) people come over.
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline snake-eyes

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Erin Go Bragh
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 02:49:24 AM »
CK,
    My wife and I are on our own,so for the most part my B/P weapons our in our bedroom.I have three modern guns, a S&W semi .45
within reach of the front door. A .40cal Glock within reach of the back door and a S&W .357 in the living room. My 68 year old wife is just as capable of handing all three as myself,even better with the Glock :-[.
   I am by no stretch a paranoid person,but home invasions are not uncommon in the city we live.They seem to becoming more
common as the economy stays in limbo. I will gladly go when the Lord calls,but I refuse to have some idiot send me before He does.
snake-eyes
Member: NRA
Member: Columbus Muzzleloading Gun Club
Co-Founder and charter member: Traditional M/L Ass.
www.TraditionalMuzzleloadingassociation.com
If you come to a fork in the road,take it! Yogi Berra

Ever wonder who God roots for in a religious war??

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 03:56:52 AM »
snake  i hear ya ! we live so rural that help is non existence if it was needed, so we have to be self -protecting around here! as times get harder ,so do people! we keep everything loaded and within access all the time ! like yerself, when the good lord calls ill go, but if its some crack head im gonna try to send him first!

Online Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 08:28:07 AM »
I used to keep mine out and about until my now ex son in law stole 15 pistols. Now they're locked up in a steel cabinet.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 08:32:19 AM »
Darn, 15? Did you whip his butt?
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!