Author Topic: Got me a Schneider & Glassick  (Read 5329 times)

Offline scobrien

Re: Got me a Schneider & Glassick
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 12:29:37 AM »
Smokin Gun, I have had some good Jamison Irish blend this evening, but not enough to make a pic blury )L$ Perhaps I might need some more to clear the world around me. And while I am at it, I will have one for you my friend!!! On a serious note, It could be my computer.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 01:16:08 PM »
Thanks Scobrien for the description of the process.  I kinda figured it went something like that.  My S&G has an engraved cylinder that I want to turn into a blank one.  The buckskin under the sandpaper is something I would have never thought of.  Guess I'll have to break out my drill press & give it a whirl.

On closer inspection, your photos do look a little fuzzy; but, what do I know   EEK
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS 28564-LTG-Regulator, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Founding member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters.  Member:  The Ozarks Posse, Southern Missouri Rangers, Moniteau Creek River Raiders, Butterfield Trail Cowboys.

Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Lizardo

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »
The brass Wells Fargo I posted in here as an "Schneider Glassick Officers Pocket Model" I used a speed head drive we have at work. It turns at 15,000 RPM at the lower end. I used 320 grit then 600 then 1000 grit to get the roll engraving off. Polished it with #1 and #2 Tripoli to ensure I had all the sanding marks off then bead blasted it. Cold blue came out darker than I had expected, I was going for London or French Grey effect. Didn't quite make it, lol. The Schneider Glassick part was mostly intended to be a joke.
Weebles wobble but they won't fall down...

Offline Lizardo

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:11 PM »
Finally found a picture online of an 'original' Schnieder and Glassick. Mostly shows the markings on top of the barrel. It is identified as 'Schneider & Glassick Memphis Tenn.' The stamping is a little uneven, looks to be about 1/16 to 1/8 inch. Nothing fancy. I quotated original because I'm not sure of how many authenticated S&G's there are.

Online Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 10:36:53 PM »
Man, that is lookin' good! Nothing like a polished brasser!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Lizardo

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 08:45:25 PM »
I've got to admit that I love the way brassers handle. The brass being a bit heavier than the steel makes the balance feel  a bit better.

Offline argo_69

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 10:54:52 PM »
OK, what`s the differance between a Schneider & Glassick and a Griswold & Gunnison. They look the same to me. I bought a Navy Arms back in 1969 & was told it was a copy of the  Confederate G & G.

Offline Smokin_Gun

• Forum Legend
  • "American by Birth, CSA by Choice"
    • SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 12:11:31 AM »
G&G have a round Barrel for the most obvious differance in lookin' at um... {?(
Served with the 43rd Virginia Cav Mosby's Rangers...
I favor an 1858 Remington .44 Revolver ... and I Smoke Black Powder

http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php

Offline argo_69

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 07:53:04 AM »
Smoken, your right. Me bad, I didn`t notice the flats on each side of the barrel. Quick look at the pic & barrel looks round. Thanks for pointing this out.

Offline Smokin_Gun

• Forum Legend
  • "American by Birth, CSA by Choice"
    • SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 09:15:44 AM »
No problem ...  {?(
Served with the 43rd Virginia Cav Mosby's Rangers...
I favor an 1858 Remington .44 Revolver ... and I Smoke Black Powder

http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php