Author Topic: my remmy brassers  (Read 4691 times)

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
my remmy brassers
« on: December 12, 2011, 06:45:54 PM »
heres my three sons     )L$  my remmy brassers   im not a big fan of brassers but i got some!   top one iss 44 middle is 36 aand bottom is 31   got the 44 from chucker, the 36 from joe, and the 31 from kev

if yall get this way,drop on by!

brushhippie

Re: my remmy brassers
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:02:24 PM »
Yes indeed, looks like they belong together.....guess they do!

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 07:26:16 PM »
thanks guys!
if yall get this way,drop on by!

Offline scobrien

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:42:40 PM »
Thats is cool that you have 3 different calibers as well as 3 different sizes of pistols. Makes for a great array of side arms.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 06:44:28 AM »
I likey!  (T^
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 12:37:34 AM »
Looks like your on a roll ET. Nice set of revolvers you got there. Have you been shootin them yet? Let us know how they do. I know your jumping for joy. When I first joined the forum it sounded like you didn't have any revolvers. Looks like the tables have turned for you old buddy. Have you got any soft lead  from Mack yet at this rate your going to need some. When I went up to the shop the other day the man two Ubertis in .31 cal and for the price he had on them I could have got a Uberti 1860 Army. The two he had, had trigger guards on them. they are real pretty little revolvers and they were steel frames but $265.00 is a little much for a those little revolvers and I figure just stick with the .36s and the .44 cal revolvers. Thought the same way about the .44s till I got my first .36 cal Colt navy. Hope you have a lot of fun with them.  :)
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline toot

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 08:04:59 AM »
i have 2 brass framed revolvers, one 31 Remy, and one 36 cal, SPILLER & BURR. have shot both for several years and no trouble at all. i only shoot the perscribed loads in them, 8- 10 grs. of 4fg. in the 31, and 15 grs of 3fg. in the 36. no Hot Rodding them. stop and think, there are a great manny of them in southern museaumns that stood the test of time in the day.

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 09:23:01 PM »
i have 2 brass framed revolvers, one 31 Remy, and one 36 cal, SPILLER & BURR. have shot both for several years and no trouble at all. i only shoot the perscribed loads in them, 8- 10 grs. of 4fg. in the 31, and 15 grs of 3fg. in the 36. no Hot Rodding them. stop and think, there are a great manny of them in southern museaumns that stood the test of time in the day.
Actually, the brass castings 'back in the day' were of a more robust metallurgy, but I agree...a light diet of BP and a brasser can outlast you.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 09:26:07 PM »
Actually, the brass castings 'back in the day' were of a more robust metallurgy, but I agree...a light diet of BP and a brasser can outlast you.

They weren't brass, they were bronze.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 10:06:10 PM »

They weren't brass, they were bronze.
Well, yeah...I was getting there. You know what I meant! M__
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline vhram

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 10:18:54 PM »
very nice set

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 11:58:07 PM »
Well, yeah...I was getting there. You know what I meant! M__

I know what you said.  ->i ->i
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Offline toot

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 12:00:56 PM »
werent, cannons also bronz, and i thought that a NEPOLEON 6 pounder was called a Brass gun and rang lile a bell when we fired them in CIVIL WAR Reinactments? i may be wrong, if so please let us know. it was a realley long time ago.

Offline Kaeto

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Official Mad Dog Nose Tweaker.
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 12:25:35 PM »
werent, cannons also bronz, and i thought that a NEPOLEON 6 pounder was called a Brass gun and rang lile a bell when we fired them in CIVIL WAR Reinactments? i may be wrong, if so please let us know. it was a realley long time ago.

They were called brass but actually they were made from the same kind of bronze as a bell was made from.
“The path of the warrior is difficult! We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves! Honour in serving! Honour in defending! Honour in dying for a just cause!”

"A knight is sworn to valor; His heart knows only virtue; His blade defends the helpless; His might upholds the weak; His word speaks only truth,
and his wrath undoes the wicked."

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 01:42:36 PM »
I dunno about with blank charges but rang like a bell when live fired.