Author Topic: Pietta Spiller & Burr  (Read 7523 times)

Offline Lizardo

Re: Pietta Spiller & Burr
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 07:33:07 AM »
 )L$ (?^ ->i
Weebles wobble but they won't fall down...

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 01:04:20 AM »
I'm kind of supprized that more folks here don't already own one. I only wanted one .36 cal hand gun the 1851 after getting one it shoots 6" high & 6" to the left. Then cleaned it up and put it aside till I could find out what to do to make it a straight shooter. ET got one and posted that his shoots the same way. So a couple fellas including you posted back about how to fix it. You posted to file the V in the hammer down to bring the POI down and to file the hammer inside the V to the left to make it shoot to the right. Tell me I got it right cause I haven't done it yet but plan on doing it soon. I also want another .36 cal revolver to go with the 51 Navy. Will go for the 58 Remington New Army Police. Waiting ti find out how well the Spiller shoots. From what I'm told it will shoot like the 51 Navy which is high and have also been told that it is a little louder than the others.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:05:50 AM by Dellbert »
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline Smokin_Gun

• Forum Legend
  • "American by Birth, CSA by Choice"
    • SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 09:28:35 PM »
Nice S&B Fingers ...like that Patina...

Hey Dellbert, I got mine ])M

{?(
Served with the 43rd Virginia Cav Mosby's Rangers...
I favor an 1858 Remington .44 Revolver ... and I Smoke Black Powder

http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php

Offline Fingers McGee

• Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 10:43:56 PM »
So a couple fellas including you posted back about how to fix it. You posted to file the V in the hammer down to bring the POI down and to file the hammer inside the V to the left to make it shoot to the right. Tell me I got it right cause I haven't done it yet but plan on doing it soon. .

You always move the rear sight the same way you want your POI to go.  If you're shooting high left, you want to fil the sight lower & right
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS 28564-LTG-Regulator, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Founding member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters.  Member:  The Ozarks Posse, Southern Missouri Rangers, Moniteau Creek River Raiders, Butterfield Trail Cowboys.

Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 07:29:15 AM »
SG, Loving them white grips!  ;)
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »
So a couple fellas including you posted back about how to fix it. You posted to file the V in the hammer down to bring the POI down and to file the hammer inside the V to the left to make it shoot to the right. Tell me I got it right cause I haven't done it yet but plan on doing it soon. .

You always move the rear sight the same way you want your POI to go.  If you're shooting high left, you want to fil the sight lower & right
Thinks Fingers. I'll give it a shot.
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.