1858 remington forum

Author Topic: Southern Indiana sends greetings  (Read 513 times)

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Southern Indiana sends greetings
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2019, 09:00:33 AM »
Welcome, from the North Idaho/Washington border, where the leftist university professors and State employed case workers and assessors, sequestered in their tiny archipelago of Marxism and freedom from reality, peer out their windows at night in fear and dread of the hard working, tax paying farmers, market gardeners, builders, tradesmen and honest hill people, and think to themselves, "There, but for the grace of random chance and of the State, go I", while the hard working, tax paying farmers, market gardeners, builders, tradesmen and honest hill people glance back at the professors occasionally and just shake their heads, thinking, "There, but for the grace of God, go I."
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.   James 1:25 (KJV)

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.   James 2:12. (KJV)

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2019, 07:16:36 PM »
This place is great......welcome
-Mick
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando"

Offline Bang-Clang

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2019, 07:22:39 PM »
You know, I went to Friendship once. Never had been. So we get there & we're trying to figure out where to park when some dude on what must have been one of the first Mopeds ever manufactured zips out in front of us & basically herds us up a hill into a parking area. Okay, it's crowded, dude's handling parking. No sweat. So we park & spend the next couple of hours walking around a huge flea market wondering if this is all there is to Friendship. Then we finally walk further down the road just out of curiosity & there's the blockhouse & folks' camps set up, the ranges-- the ACTUAL Friendship, with the actual parking area nearby. Moped guy was basically just hijacking people for the flea market. By that time it was getting late & folks were settling into camp so we pretty well missed it. All the way back to our car Mom was nervous & trying to hurry me along because she knew I was in Active Seek mode for Moped Guy. Always did wanna go back. Might do it this year.

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 06:10:20 PM »
Glad to have you aboard Bang-Clang.
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 02:56:29 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin! Don't know how I missed seeing this post.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 09:47:19 AM by mazo kid »

Offline Bang-Clang

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2019, 08:54:14 PM »
Digging that rolling block, bud.