1858 remington forum

Author Topic: The holy grail,the icon,the myth,the legend. Whitworth  (Read 3610 times)

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: The holy grail,the icon,the myth,the legend. Whitworth
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2019, 05:46:04 PM »
Looking good Racing.
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2019, 02:19:57 PM »
Thx.

Lots has happend.

First up,the use of a drop tube really makes for a difference. No argument on that one. Mine i made from a brass funnel and regular 10mm copper tubing.

In turn the mold for PP bullets showed up from German Hensel. Seeing how it´s made..feels very "old school". Throws bullets that needs to rounds of paper to fill the bore up.
Some swear by paper patching..others do not..but that said i´ve got a few molds to play around with now,not counting the ones for "regular" ogival bullets.

In turn i replaced the scope on it. Now we´re talking a current crop Zeiss,and indeed.. I tend to use this rifle a bit to be fair and..is it EVER a beaut to shoot. Downright pussycat even.
Such rifles..tend to see use  )L$

Impressions (apart from it being soft on ones shoulder)? Sure. Less than 100 meters is friggin pointless. To the letter. ..and i keep getting better at shooting the thing.
DVC - 2019

Online Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2019, 06:54:34 PM »
Nice construction on the drop tube.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2019, 06:04:28 AM »
Thx CK.
As simple as it gets.

If i just get the time to i´m going to start making a copy of the original globe front sight. As such the rifle will be as stock as it can at will.
DVC - 2019