1858 remington forum

Author Topic: 777 label  (Read 668 times)

Offline Capnball

777 label
« on: November 01, 2018, 09:59:33 AM »
The one on the right has a recipe for the ROA, and it was purchased recently this year. The other one has no info on ROA load and has been in my garage for I can't remember even buying it. When did they change the label, anyone know?

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
Re: 777 label
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 10:27:25 AM »
One bottle is FFg and the other is FFFg.

Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline 45 Dragoon

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 12:36:17 PM »
Yup ^^^^

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @ goonsgunworks

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 01:25:21 PM »
I currently have two, one-pound containers of T7 in the 3F (FFFG) granulation.  One was purchased in September of this year, and the other is several years old.  They even have different container designs (the older one has the "jug handle" and the new one is just a round jar), but the two labels show exactly the same recipes as the one on your 3F container.

And for those guest readers as aren't familiar with this issue;
The 2F (FFG), representing (substituting for, in this case) a larger granulation of black powder, is for the larger caliber rifles and shotguns, so it shows recipes (rather stout ones too) for 50 caliber and above, but none for the 45s.
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.   James 1:25 (KJV)

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.   James 2:12. (KJV)

Offline Cross Plains Drifter

• Born 100 yrs. late !
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 06:59:30 PM »
I scored a pound of 2F  fairly cheap today so i'll be trying that in my ROA as soon as my hand is healed enough from my 2 surgeries yesterday.
Democracy is 2 Wolves and a Lamb voting on what's for dinner.....
Liberty is a well armed Lamb !

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 04:09:34 PM »
I went by the label with T7 FFFG in the ROA and that load is kind of stout plus the rd balls didn't hit so close together. Tried backing off to 30grs and did a little better at least in my case. Really can't tell it if your to close to the target, but if you back up more than any 10 ft you'll notice. Try it at 20 yards and you'll see the difference. You'll haft to be the judge as to what load works in your gun.
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline Cross Plains Drifter

• Born 100 yrs. late !
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 04:22:45 PM »
I went by the label with T7 FFFG in the ROA and that load is kind of stout plus the rd balls didn't hit so close together. Tried backing off to 30grs and did a little better at least in my case. Really can't tell it if your to close to the target, but if you back up more than any 10 ft you'll notice. Try it at 20 yards and you'll see the difference. You'll haft to be the judge as to what load works in your gun.

my standard is 5" steel plates at 25 yards.......but i'm going to try turning this revolver into a 50 yard gun
Democracy is 2 Wolves and a Lamb voting on what's for dinner.....
Liberty is a well armed Lamb !

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 03:59:55 PM »

my standard is 5" steel plates at 25 yards.......but i'm going to try turning this revolver into a 50 yard gun

50 yrds shouldn't be a big problem if your hitting at 25. It all takes practice. Getting to know your gun and load.
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.