Photobucket

Author Topic: Source of Tap-O-Cap  (Read 93 times)

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Source of Tap-O-Cap
« on: April 20, 2017, 09:42:19 AM »
I ordered this yesterday; it seems to be the best price. There are others offering the same brand for $20.00 more.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252477739027?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
There was a guy in Calif. making these for less money, but he isn't making them any more. Woulda, coulda shoulda!

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Source of Tap-O-Cap
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:53:04 AM »
I should have done my homework.....the Prime-All site has these listed for $50.00 and free shipping! DUH!!!

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 11:55:11 AM »
Hi mazo, however for the same price (dies and priming mix) one can buy 2000 caps to put aside.

An interesting item, but is it really worth the cost?

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Rebel Dave

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 01:07:00 PM »
I don't think its worth that type of an investment either. You can buy a 1000 caps with the hazmat fee for about the same. It's also probably another time consuming step that is not needed in shooting C & B revolvers. Just My .02.

Rebel Dave

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 01:45:21 PM »
these thrived when caps were hard to come by.
and while caps can sometimes be pricey  I can agree usually
cheaper in the long run just to buy them
Course if you're a prepper and worried caps may not be available some day
then yeah it may make a wise investment.
The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps.
General Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC
to the Senate Naval Affairs Committee, 5 May 1946
------------
Marines Birthday  11/10/1775
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 03:11:05 PM »
Oh well, it was a kinda spur of the moment thing. And I can use my primer adaptor tubing for making caps too. No, I'm not a prepper; in fact I am in a place the preppers would like to be!

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 09:18:36 PM »
Dear Friends,
            I had one of these things!  Making the caps was a VERY TIME CONSUMING TASK!  VERY, VERY FIDDLY!!!  I spent ALL one afternoon, and finished up with about 25 caps, only half of which were able to detonate a charge in one of my twins!  I DID see a video by (of all People, "Brush-Hippei,")  which made a definite improvement on the usual Production line, by adding a Powder Dropper, and some few grains of 4-F to the cap, before Glueing the Toy (Cap-Gun.) caps to the inside of the Tap-O-Capper caps!
I also watched the video he made when he loaded a couple of his guns, Colt Navies I believe, and shot several loads off USING the Caps he had made.  They all seemed to go off very well indeed. There WAS a quite noticeable flash from the Cap/Nipple area each time he fired though.  Whether or not that might cause other problems, "Down The Road," I have not the expertise to say.(Powder Fowling in the nipple recesses for example?)  In Retrospect I can see where I did waste a lot of time in my funbligs in tryig to make them.  For one thing I did not anchor the Tap-O-Capper in one spot n the worknench.  So every teo or three caps, it woulr teeter and fall off the bench!  O piece og fairly thick wood, with a hole in it the size of the body f the Tap-O-Capper woudf have helped a lot!  As it was I was continualy picking the Damned thing upo ff the floor.  Which wasted a lot of time!!  Also, Our FRriend, "Brushhippie, seemed to have been able to find a maker of toy caps for childrens toys, that actually Worked!  So  well in fact, that I honestly feel he could have put less 4-F in the caps that was actually needed for reliable ignition.
            I suppose that if you had allowed your self to run out of caps , when the Chocolate Covered Toffee Crunch actually came to pass, then it would be a handy thing to have around!  BUT, if you don't want to drive yourself insane, fiddling with the bloody thing, then spend that money on laying in a supply of either Remington or CCI caps, and store them in a cool , dry Atmosphere!
I venture to suggest that you will be glad you did!!!
            Isn't it WODEFULL to have a MAN in the White House!  WHEN THEY QUOTED THE PRESIDENT N THE NEWS, SAYING THAT," IF CHINA WANTED TO HELP US, THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL,BUT IF NOT, THEN WE"D TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM BY OURSELVES!" I felt like cheering! So Different from his predessossor!  That Mealy Mouthed Muslim Nigger, who it now seems may be facing a long time behind bars, for his attempts to swindle the country out of several Milllion Dollars! It seems that out Dear Frend Hillary may be facing a sililar situation! If so, Three Hearty Cheers for President Trump!
                                               Here's to the Re-Birth of American Greatness!!!!!
                                                                                                            Gunslinger9378!
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!