Author Topic: Open carry  (Read 14135 times)

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Open carry
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2017, 04:31:25 PM »
Wrong!   I open carry in summer because it's easier than trying to survive wearing multiple layers in the heat.

You wear a shirt, don’t ya?  Pants?
You are at war now; the liberty of your enemies is not an important concern.

Offline Kaeto

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Official Mad Dog Nose Tweaker.
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2017, 04:50:54 PM »
Wrong!   I open carry in summer because it's easier than trying to survive wearing multiple layers in the heat.

You wear a shirt, don’t ya?  Pants?

Usually a pullover shirt that isn't very thick. And I can't stand IWB holsters.
“The path of the warrior is difficult! We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves! Honour in serving! Honour in defending! Honour in dying for a just cause!”

"A knight is sworn to valor; His heart knows only virtue; His blade defends the helpless; His might upholds the weak; His word speaks only truth,
and his wrath undoes the wicked."

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2017, 07:14:24 PM »
No problem.  I wear shorts with a standard belt holster outside the waistband.  Hawaiian shirt.  Full sized Glock (G20) and spare mag holder.  No problem.  Been doin' it for decades.  If I wanted to, I could add a small-ish revolver, such as a Colt Police, in a shoulder holster under the same Hawaiian shirt, and conceal both the G20 with two spare mags, AND the revolver (or any other small-ish handgun), just as well.

You can make excuses, sure, but don't expect me to buy them. Another option (because there are several) is a pocket gun, you know, in a pocket, in your shorts.  Now you can go shirtless and still not be defenseless.

Your only plauseable excuse would be if you're in a nude colony.  So don't go to nude colonies.  Come to think of it though; even in a nude colony, I bet you could fit a NAA mini revolver in a hat, and not draw undue attention to yourself, especially if you're white - gotta protect that melanin-deficient skin from the sun, don't you know.  That or keep a pocket gun in a fanny pack, beach bag, or satchel, etc.

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2017, 08:03:31 PM »
A nudist colony (?), I’ve never considered that one.  Not real sure just how I’d incorporate that and CC.    Can’t think of any way that’s fit to print, so OK Kaeto … fair and tasteful open carry then … but only when you’re visiting yer local nudist colony.   ])M

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2017, 08:11:14 PM »
i use one of these,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Belly-Band-Holster-for-Concealed-Carry-Black-Fits-Gun-Smith-and-/112072384830?hash=item1a1808e13e:g:IPoAAOSwIgNXl~zq

i too hate iwb holsters, also i have a serpa for my judge and it is the absolute worse holster ever but it fits perfect and is amazingly comfortable in my belly band.
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline Kaeto

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2017, 08:34:34 PM »
This is my primary carry and it's holster.

This is my secondary carry and it's holster. I carry it when I feel like being contrary.

“The path of the warrior is difficult! We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves! Honour in serving! Honour in defending! Honour in dying for a just cause!”

"A knight is sworn to valor; His heart knows only virtue; His blade defends the helpless; His might upholds the weak; His word speaks only truth,

Offline jdurand

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Mostly Harmless
    • Company web site
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2017, 09:31:20 PM »
A nudist colony (?), I’ve never considered that one.  Not real sure just how I’d incorporate that and CC.    Can’t think of any way that’s fit to print, so OK Kaeto … fair and tasteful open carry then … but only when you’re visiting yer local nudist colony.   ])M

There was the nude hotspring we were at, I went to the front desk to pay for an additional charge and they asked if I had my credit card on me.  Sure, it's right here with my concealed Remmy with two spare cylinders!  :)
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Paracelsus)
NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of California member

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2017, 10:03:19 PM »
That Mk. IV is a beauty.

Offline Kaeto

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2017, 11:10:47 PM »
Mk. VI not Mk. IV.  Made in 1926 by Enfield.

Offline Cross Plains Drifter

• Born 100 yrs. late !
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2017, 04:14:32 AM »
and my favorite topic that polarizes a supposed brotherhood/sisterhood explodes once again......

I OC when and where I want to as do many of my friends and workmates.........the BS paranoia that "some bad guy will make "us" their first target" just hasn't happened...people tend to behave around us....because we're armed.
I've noticed that most of the naysayers are either up in years or ex LEOs, or both.......and seem to wish we had more "common sense gun laws" as a group....

ok....i'm done....flail away with your "someone's gonna grab your gun" nonsense..........I've become quite used to it.
Democracy is 2 Wolves and a Lamb voting on what's for dinner.....
Liberty is a well armed Lamb !

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »
If the OC’ers around my area were like you Drifter, and the other guys here on the forum, I’m quite sure I’d be perfectly comfortable with the whole thing.  I should have qualified my original statement to that extent.

I've noticed that most of the naysayers are either up in years or ex LEOs, or both.......

I didn’t know it showed.  Guess I’m slippin up some.  All respect to the OC members here, really.

Offline Cross Plains Drifter

• Born 100 yrs. late !
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2017, 07:02:29 AM »
no disrespect was meant......merely an observation from many conversations here in my home county.

and yes.....there are plenty of OCers here that I wouldn't trust with a ball bearing, much less a loaded firearm.....no local Darwin awards YET, or N.D.s that I've heard of.....but we've only had OC for a few years.
Democracy is 2 Wolves and a Lamb voting on what's for dinner.....
Liberty is a well armed Lamb !