Author Topic: i'm ready now!!!  (Read 491 times)

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
i'm ready now!!!
« on: April 14, 2017, 11:02:55 PM »
got my guns!!!

l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline Miguel Loco

Re: i'm ready now!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 11:25:59 PM »
Sweet!
"Eventus stultorum magister"

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 02:27:07 AM »
Hi Bruce nice guns. The shotgun butt stock did you replace it or did it come that way? I have one and where yours has a pistol grip mine is straight and the kick is very strong. Would like to replace it.
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 07:18:32 AM »
Bruce, those all look nice!  (T^
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline toot

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 07:44:48 AM »
Bruce, glad I for one was able to help you achieve your goal in your new pastime. keep us informed.

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 07:20:06 PM »
Dear Bruce,
            You are a nice guy, and I hope you do not get disappointed by the "Mouse-Phart Load Cult" you are liable to find in the CAS World.  MOst people go into Competition to WIN, and the ony way to do that, in to-days shooting world, is to Cheat by being NON
REALISTIC.  Which is why, back in 2001 I began the Authentic Cowboy Club just west of Phoenis. Most of the members came from the Goodyear/Avondale area, and we were a very select bunch of Enthusiasts, and I guess I held them together, because I was VERY INTENSE of being as REALISTIC as was possible, as well as being safe.  We rarely had more than ten shooters, and we all wanted to be fair, so when we had a guy who had some limited Pysical Handicaps, we all got togeher and had a discussion, and gave him extra allowances because of his Bad Leg. The poor guy couldn't run at all, but he was ENTHUSIASTIC about the way we ran things. A nice guy to boot, and we all liked him, so we made special allowances time wise in certain stages, and we all thougt it was FAIR!  WE were all in the age bracket 50 to 70. I was 70 at this time, and the leg wound I got in Cyprus, sure didn't help MY mobility none!!  I was still shoeing the odd horse here and there, though I WAS having to take medications for the encroaching Arthritis! 
            It folded in 2002, when I moved, got divorced, and left the area, sadly leaving a lot of my stuff in the tender care of my soon to be Ex-Wife!  (Nuff Said!)  Some Rich GUY in Scottsdale started a rather Dollar Heavy club, and adopted the SASS rules. I got in touch with a couple of the guys, and they had tried the POSH Club, but didn't seem to,"Fit In!"
             IF your new club ARE, "Mouse-Pharters," I hope that you will be able to persuade them that a .45 Round with 2.5 grains of Bullseye behind the slug, would NOT put a REAL BAD GUY ON HIS ASS!  And that if they are being very particular about the period correctness of the weapons allowed, then they also ought to be particular about the potency of the ammunition fired from the period correct firearms!
            I truly hope that you will enjoy the company of this club, and that some of them,(If the Mouse-Pharters predominate?) WILL at least listen to what you have to say about a return to Realism.. If they are picky enough to outlaw certain Guns, then they ought also be picky about the Lethality of the Ammunition.  The Very Best of Luck with the New Venture, Bruce, and let us know how you get on!
                                                    Sincerely,                                          Gunslinger9378.
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline Trooper Ozzy

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 10:09:09 PM »
Bruce will be shooting with lead throwers.
No mouse loads here...Punish that steel with 8.5 gr Unique on a 200gr RNFP or 2.2 cc BP (35 gr)
4 cc T7 (50gr) with 1 1/8 oz 7.5 in the sxs or a 3dram 1 1/8 oz in the 97.
Most times I pull/awarded a TMS on the stage.

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 05:47:33 AM »
The shotgun butt is a replacement, probably one from numerics, I don't know. I stripped it and refinished it with min wax. I wish the forend was the same kind of wood. I'll be throwing 255gn swc over 6.6 gns of universal. I shot the rifle for the first time yesterday and put 100 rounds through it and it's a nail driver! I was punching thumb nail groups at 25yds into a steel drum full of trash. Windage was dead on and the rear site was moved to the third notch to bring poi to poa... Ozzy, watch out! There's a new kid on the block, and he can shoot!

Hell at the match in MD I only had a handful of misses, all with the rifle I borrowed, not a single miss on any stage with the shotty or my pistols... Oh and I had no right eye to use sites with! Having never even fired a lever gun before and never firing my shotgun before that match, I'd say I did pretty damn well... I now own 4 rifles total... My sks, a gew88? I just got yesterday, the high point my fiance got me for Christmas and now the 92... Those guys in Maine I used to shoot with were shooting black powder rifles and I shot my 8" Remington against then, I never won but I never placed lower than 3rd...

After shooting with my dad yesterday, he said "I thought you couldn't shoot a rifle" having never seen me with one.i said  "I never had much use for a rifle, but I never said I couldn't shoot one..."

Frankly I would much rather shoot my 8 inch Remingtons on the rifle stage but I don't think they would allow it, probably unfair advantage or something...Lol...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 09:15:01 PM by SUZUKIBRUCE »
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 10:58:20 AM »
Dear Trooper Ozzy,
            I must have missed your Initial Posting! So a very warm and sincere        (D@         I was ERY glad to see that you are amongst the Minority when I comes to "Realism!"  More Power to YOU, amd to others like you!  I've always thought that the Mouse Pharters were practising a form of CHEATING!  And I have never liked Cheaters!  That club must be a rather unusual one.  Some of the, "So-Called,"  "Cowboy Action Shooters," around here, must wear lace on their panties!  I try and attend the SASS Winter Range at Ben Avery Range just North of Phoenix  each year, Mainly to see if there are any shirts, or related Gear that I might fell I can't live without!  Usually if i DO find anything, it's too Bloody expensive for my Social Security!!!!!
            Well Thanks for re-assuring me that Bruce will be in excellent company, when he shoots with you and his new friends!  LONG LIVE REALISM!!!!     And those who practice it!

Sincerely,                                         Gunslinger9378.
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!