Author Topic: Chrono Test Rogers & Spencer  (Read 1679 times)

Offline WASH BUSTER

Chrono Test Rogers & Spencer
« on: February 19, 2016, 01:30:00 PM »
This is the chrono test I did today.Was conducted with a Rogers &Spencer .45 Revolver.All test were all loaded with 30 grains of powder,lube pill under ball in paper carts.Ignition was my new homemade caps with new primer compound.Test was 12 rounds of each powder,Homemade 3F, Swiss 3F,Pyrodex 3F and 777 3F.Chrono Was Caldwell ,Hooked to I phone.In the photo you can see the residue that the caps leave after firing.This all goes away after firing and cleaning with no adverse effects so far. The caps worked flawlessly ,no miss fires and from results looks like there's adequate ignition.So I would say if anybody was to load there caps like this it is another alternative. I'm going to keep loading them.Just thought I'd pass this information to the ones interested.

Offline WASH BUSTER

Re: Chrono Test Rogers & Spencer
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 01:31:25 PM »
cap residue

Offline Len

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 03:30:59 PM »
This is the chrono test I did today.Was conducted with a Rogers &Spencer .45 Revolver.All test were all loaded with 30 grains of powder,lube pill under ball in paper carts.Ignition was my new homemade caps with new primer compound.Test was 12 rounds of each powder,Homemade 3F, Swiss 3F,Pyrodex 3F and 777 3F.Chrono Was Caldwell ,Hooked to I phone.In the photo you can see the residue that the caps leave after firing.This all goes away after firing and cleaning with no adverse effects so far. The caps worked flawlessly ,no miss fires and from results looks like there's adequate ignition.So I would say if anybody was to load there caps like this it is another alternative. I'm going to keep loading them.Just thought I'd pass this information to the ones interested.
Very nice. Seems Triple Se7en is rather potent.. But you've got to tell us more about your home made caps. And maybe something more about the R&S

Offline Hewy

• Black Friday
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 06:45:49 PM »
Home made caps ????? Tell us more.
Hewy
Better to be gettin , than gettin got.

Offline old fogey

• Forum Legend
  • What do you mean "Tax Time Again"?!?
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 07:18:41 PM »
Dang, Wash Buster, what'd ya load them hm caps with (crimson powder, mercuric chloride, etc.....)? If'n they are good 'nuff to scorch marks on the outside o' the cylinder, they'd prolly light up anything you'd throw into the chamber short of wet firewood (but it'd prolly burn that around the edges from 'pearances)!
                                                                                                                                          P.S. - Seen yer home made powder beat Swiss and close to tied 777 - Good on ya!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:29:24 PM by old fogey »

Offline necessaryevil

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 05:07:37 AM »
Well I have to go back to England for a month in March so I am definitely going to get a couple of tubs of 777, done deal. It isn't available in Spain where I live.

Home made caps, very interesting please tell us more on how that is done.