Author Topic: Will Be Ordering Monday  (Read 3327 times)

Offline Kid Vermin

Will Be Ordering Monday
« on: November 04, 2015, 07:32:29 AM »
Dixie has just placed my watch list favorite on sale. It's only $15 off, but every bit helps. I like the duo-tone from color factor only and since I probably won't shoot it, brass is OK.  Hope the Gunslinger guy notices this so he can save $15 also.  I had already picked up a couple of Hornady's boxes of .315 balls from Cabala's 2nd floor Bargain Cave hoping this Dixie Pocket would go on sale.  "We were meant to be".
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_92_187_189&products_id=898
Collecting about any color cap and ball revolver as long as it has a top strap and 8", 6 1/2", 5 1/2" or 4" barrel.

Offline M9Powell

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Will Be Ordering Monday
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 07:47:31 AM »
Shoot the Dawg pi$$ out of it. You ain't gonna hurt it with the small charges it will hold. Fill the cylinder with T7, that'll give it a little pep.

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 08:46:39 PM »
Shoot the Dawg pi$$ out of it. You ain't gonna hurt it with the small charges it will hold. Fill the cylinder with T7, that'll give it a little pep.

If I was going to spend money on it I shot the fire out of it. Hope you enjoy it KV.
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline old fogey

• Forum Legend
  • What do you mean "Tax Time Again"?!?
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 02:38:15 PM »
Cheaper than Dirt has about the lowest price for .315 ball, I think, $7.03 per 100. Sure you wouldn't rather buy like 5 lbs. of 00 buck here for 25.50 and not have to worry about it fer a while (you'd only swage off a little more - supposedly its swaged at .330 dia., but probably get a few thousand ball that way)?

P.S. - I think this place's everyday price has Dixie's sale price beat!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:53:40 PM by old fogey »

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 04:12:55 PM »

One of my boys recently got a steel frame and that is just what he does with it.  He is normally a .44 shooter but says the Pocket rounds things out nicely when he is out with his ’58 5.5 inch.  From the second story deck he nailed a gopher in the yard that had been plaguing me for a month.  Fun and useful at once.  What’s better than that?  Good lookin little suckers; small but handsome.

Brass should hold up fine on full charges too.  Either brass or steel frame is a fine little piece. 
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".   
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline Kid Vermin

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 05:08:40 PM »
My Cheaper Than Dirt ordering / promoting days are over since they were among the first to start scalping ammo prices after the 2012 fiasco.  Also, I was instructed that shotgun buck is too hard for the Pocket to ram the load.
Collecting about any color cap and ball revolver as long as it has a top strap and 8", 6 1/2", 5 1/2" or 4" barrel.

Offline old fogey

• Forum Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 07:55:38 PM »
Sorry, did not know.

Offline M9Powell

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 11:53:06 AM »
My Cheaper Than Dirt ordering / promoting days are over since they were among the first to start scalping ammo prices after the 2012 fiasco.  Also, I was instructed that shotgun buck is too hard for the Pocket to ram the load.

Yea, its hardened. But you could load it off the gun.

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 12:04:17 PM »
Hi, they are a hoot to shoot. If you have a steel framed 1863 you can get a 32 S&W conversion cylinder. However, getting 32 S&W brass can be problematic. These are mine:

Too bad that Johnnie didn't know how to use his.  )L$ (?^ ->i

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Kid Vermin

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 12:13:56 PM »
  On to plan B.  A very slow gun show this past weekend.  Didn't sell one long gun or any small items off my table. I priced the rifles and shotguns 30 to 40% below Gunbroker and still only got two insulting low bid offers. Example: a 90% cond Remington 742 BDL semi in the rare 6mm which I priced at $300 with a new spare mag and a new box of Rem 100gr ammo brought only one offer at $200. A sad change in gun show atmosphere the last ten years or so. The true sportsman hunters are dying off and now it takes all black with thirty round mags to get buyers.
  It's going to take some financial quick steps to afford the $245 before it goes off sale. Way back when I was charging for services rendered, fun money was always there. Might go out and make smoke tomorrow to clear my mind.

Offline old fogey

• Forum Legend
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 08:54:17 PM »
Sorry, Kid: Everybody sees the writing on the wall and are thus either saving their money, investing in frozen or freeze-dried foods, or wanting something to drive away ravenous hordes! Such is life in our times!