Author Topic: trigger locks for the 58  (Read 4377 times)

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: trigger locks for the 58
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 12:52:22 PM »
I’ve never owned a gun lock.  Never wanted one.  Raised two boys on my own and still never needed a gun lock.  The kids never had a morbid or furtive curiosity about firearms.  They always really like them though and if they wanted to see and handle some guns we just got them out and looked them over and talked about guns, safety, proper handling , care and respect and about no second chances with a screw up.  Pretty much as my dad did me and of course we often went shooting together too.  No gun locks for us.
You are at war now; the liberty of your enemies is not an important concern.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 01:15:24 PM »
Trigger Locks/Gun Locks...I don't think my Dad ever got them. I have a few here but, I don't use them.
When my Dad told me not to touch a gun...I never touched one...I knew WHAT would happen to my BUTT if I touched one.  ;)
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline jdurand

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Mostly Harmless
    • Company web site
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 04:56:12 PM »
As had been mentioned, guns aren't the only dangerous thing in a house.  Here I have sharp weapons and a machine shop.  Both could cause someone a lot of hurt.  I did have to stop an adult from running their finger down a broadhead to check the sharpness.  I said that's a razor edge, but I think they thought I meant a phone.  Almost no comprehension.  Then...it's sharp?

Come the revolution or just an extended power outage and a lot of people are done for!
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Paracelsus)
NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of California member

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 03:42:54 PM »
Dear Wink,
            I apologise if my initial reply to your post seemed rather terse!  I regard Trigger Locks as part of the Anti-Gun Movement!  ( Let's make the nasty things more difficult to use!)  I agree with almost everything that Omnivore and Hawg have to say on this matter, but SSB73Q is W-A-Y out of line when he says that a Percussion revolver is not suitable as a Self Defense weapon. The only guns I have in the house are Percussion Revolvers, and if you clean them properly, and load them properly, THEY WILL DO THE JOB!  IN SPADES!!!    SSb73Q DOES have some Modern Cartridge guns in his house, and MAYBE (?) he served in the US Armed forces, (?) and is therefore familiar, and been trained with, the Slab-Sided-Varmint! Quien Sabe?
            I am going to tell you how to clean and reload your 1858 Remington, in such a way, that IT WILL ALWAYS GO BOOM!
To begin let us assume that you have just come in from a trip out shooting, and you have a couple, (Or more?) Cylinders to clean.  These should be BOILED in an OLD SAUCEPAN, that while watertight, has been "Pensioned Off," by Mrs. Wink, as no longer fit for preparing the Family Victuals!  Put your cylinders in the pan, WITH THE NIPPLES UPWARD! Fill with cold or warm water, and bring to the boil! When the water boils, turn the heat down so that the water is simmering, and allow to keep simmering for about five minuits.  The water will boil upward through the chambers and the nipples will be, "Force Steam Cleaned!"  When they have simmered for about five minuits, take the pan off the heat, and using a slim dowel rod, thrust through the center hole in the cylinders, fish them out of the water, and lay on some doubled over paper Towels to START DRYING!  After about ONE minuit, move them over onto some fresh paper towels.  Because the first ones will by now have become damp, and the cylinders are SO HOT, that all the moisture on the outside of the cylinders will already have evaporated. We don't want ANY MOISTURE LEFT ANYWHERE IN THE CYLINDERS! By the time the cylinders are cool enough to be touched with the bare hand, (About 15 minuits!) they are ready to reload.  Pay no attention to some of the Anal Retentive Old Pharts on here who will tell you you MUST remove your nipples to clean them, or the threads will rust, and the gun will become worthless! Now listen carefully! Before steel can rust, there has to be MOISTURE!  Your cylinders have been SO BLOODY HOT, ALL THE MOISTURE EVAPORATED LONG BEFORE YOU WERE ABLE TO TOUCH THEM WITH THE BARE HAND!!
I used a pair of eight inch Remington Revolvers from 1988 to 2002. They were fired EVERY WEEK WIThOUT FAIL, often carried on horseback for several days, were subjected to various indignities in some cow camps, and I never EVER, ONCE REMOVED A SINGLE NIPPLE!  THOSE TWO GUNS WERE FIRING AS RELIABLY IN 2002,(BEFORE I LOST 'EM!) AS THEY DID WHEN I FIRST GOT 'EM IN 1988, AND NO NIPPLE WAS EVER TOUCHED, LET ALONE REMOVED! This business about, "You must take your nipples out and clean them!" is a load of Horseshit!
            NOW that you have your cylinders, SURGICALLY CLEAN! It is time to reload. My PDL, is a Hairy Load! And because I use Pyrodex, and this powder, while it gives performance as good as Swiss Powder, does have ONE disadvantage:  It CAN,
in SOME GUNS, (And no-one has been able to find out WHY!) cause slight Hang-Fires, This is when the cap fires, and a fraction of a second later the charge goes off.  Instead of BOOM, you get Ka-Boom!  This is upsetting, as in that fraction of a second, your aim may alter and the shot miss!  If you were facing an armed thug, this could be serious!  So when I load my cylinders, I first put in a ten grain charge of Holy Black.  In my case, Goex!  Black Powder ALWAYS ignites instantly! Now you have to be careful when you load a small charge of a powder into the chambers of a .44 cylinder.Ten grains of black is not easy to see at the bottom of a .44 chamber!  SO, after you have (You think?) loaded all six chambers, take a flashlite and peer down each chamber to make sure there IS ten grains in each one! (And not twenty in one, and none in the next!) Then on top of the ten grains of Black Powder, , Pop in a 30 Grain Pyrodex Pellet!!  These are considerably more potent than just co grains of
Loose Pyrodex Powder. When all six chambers are loaded with the powder charges, it is time for the bullet.  (DO NOT USE A WAD!) Wads are a waste of time and money. (They cost you $0.07 a shot, and they aint worth a damn!)  I use a .457 round lead ball, as I have found that this ball, which is a really tight fit in the chambers, gives me a faster muzzle velocity! I load all my cylinders OFF the gun, as forcing that bigger ball into the chambers, with the loading lever on the gun, will be kinda hard on the hands!  So I load my cylinders in a little device I have, which holds them securely upright, and I Hammer the balls down HARD, (Ignoring the Hogdens advice not to crush the pellet.) I hammer my balls down HARD, with a BIG Rubber Malllet, And a .50 cal.Ball Starter! The loads work REAL FINE!
            Then I put my lube, (Which is an Equal Mix of Beeswax & Olive Oil, melted together!) OVER THE BALL'S! Thataway the FIRST ball down the barrel gets lubed, doesn't it?  DO   NOT USE CRISCO, or Bore Butter for an over the ball Lube. Both are far too soft, and the FIRST SHOT YOU FIRE, will blow ALL THE LUBE FROM ALL THE CHAMBERS, ALL OVER THE GUN, which then can become as slippery as the, "Greased Pig," at the County Fair!
            Now if you clean and load your gun(s) EXACTLY as I have advised here, And I DO MEAN EXACTLY! You will get a full
power shot each, and Every Time you squeeze the trigger!  Use # 10 REMINGTON CAPS ONLY! They are the best, fit both Pietta and that other make? Uberti, Yes that's the one, equally well it seems, and in the last 2,000 rounds I have discharged,
I have not had a single misfire!  I call this load, my, "Medical Examiner's Special."  Because I am fairly certain, that any thug of the Felonious Persuasion, who stopped one of these rounds, Twixt Wind and Water,  Well the only doctor who'd be able to do him any good, WOULD BE, "The Medical Examiner!" At the poor Guy's Autopsy!
           Let me know what you think of the load when you shoot it! It DOES have quite a substantial recoil. First time I touched it off, I thought, "WOW!"  Felt a little like touching off a Nike Ground to Air Missile, with my own two Sweaty Little Hands!  I've gotten to like it now! Though I have to admit, the thought of touching THIS load off, INDOORS, without Hearing
Protection, IS a little daunting!  Let me know what you think!
                                                                                     Johnnie Roper,Alias:Gunslinger9378.
PS: PDL stands for Personal Defebse Load!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:13:57 PM by Gunslinger9378 »
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 04:16:51 PM »
I am going to tell you how to clean and reload your 1858.  Now if you clean and load your gun(s) EXACTLY as I have advised here, And I DO MEAN EXACTLY! ... Let me know what you think!

Johnnie, we really do already know how to load our guns, thank you though.  We know how you load yours too.  As I recall you have mentioned that somewhere before.

Offline Pustic

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Proud American Hillbilly Infidel
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 08:25:27 AM »
I have no gun locks, never had any gun locks, and I never will get or use any gun locks.  {?(
{?( Be ye not afraid of the truth, for the "Truth Has No Agenda".  :9)
"If they come to take, they also come to die." Pustic 3:16

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »
Hi, if you value your BP revolver, Johnnie's method of cleaning cylinders should be ignored. He has a right to his opinion, but his diatribe on not removing nipples is wrong for so many reasons. Follow his advice and you lose the value of your revolver. Do some more research before you leave the nipples in your cylinder after shooting.

Of course you can do whatever you choose.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »
Dear Friends,
            Will some kind person please explain to me, how steel can ever rust, with a total absense of H2o! (Water.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:27:12 PM by Gunslinger9378 »

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 01:55:03 PM »
Johnnie, I think your method of cleaning has probably been enhanced by the fact you live in Arizona. I doubt you would be able to get away with that here in the Midwest.
I can clean and oil a revolver, stick it in the safe, and pull it out after 6 months to find surface rust on it.
It sucks, but that's the local climate...humidity roosting at or above 50% many times; worse in springtime.
For me (I may have mentioned it a time or two) pulling the nipples and applying anti-seize is preventive medicine and just plain common sense. This does not mean a person has to pull them each and every shooting. I do it because I enjoy getting my revolvers squeaky-clean and sparkling after a busy day at the range. But a single application of anti-seize should protect your nipples for several years, if a good quality product is used (such as Loctite High Temp copper anti-seize)
Richard lives in the Northeast, where humidity is higher plus you get the double-whammy of salt air. One size does not fit all, and while your method seems to suit you and work well in your application, I've had my fill of rusty, seized nipples.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 02:14:57 PM »
Dear Friends,
            Will some kind person please explain to me, how stell can ever rust, with a total absense of H2o! (Water.)

Hi Johnnie, this is the last time I will say this. Water boils at 212 Deg-F at sea level. When you remove the cylinders from boiling water, liquid water in the threads is still there and remains a liquid until it dries. It may take the nipple threads weeks to dry at room temperature. I make sure there is no liquid water left on my revolver parts by baking the parts in an oven at 250 Deg-F for at least 1/2 hours and then allow to cool before oiling and assembling. Not long ago I tried leaving the nipples in the cylinders for three shootings without nipple removal, but found that even after my method of cleaning and drying after each shoot, I had difficulty removing nipples.

I am a retired senior scientist that worked for a fortune 500 company for 32 yrs and know what I'm talking about when it comes to water and metallurgy.

The fairly new Pietta 1858 cylinder you sent me with the carbine you sold me had considerable issues removing those nipples. That in my mind is experimental evidence that one needs to occasionally remove nipples if one ever expects to remove cylinder nipples in the future. Of course, one can choose to never remove the nipples from their BP revolver cylinder.

This message board best benefits new shooters. They should have the facts, not conjecture.

Edit: Baron Von Kesselwalker makes a very good point about absorbed water. Therefore I edited this post to change the word "water" to liquid water.

Regards,
Richard
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:19:29 AM by ssb73q »
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 02:49:13 PM »
Dear Friends,
            Will some kind person please explain to me, how stell can ever rust, with a total absense of H2o! (Water.)

Conversely, Johnnie could better ask why wouldn’t steel rust in the presence of water?  If one finds rust it’s not too hard to infer how/why it formed.  Is he rust free now?  I’ve lost track.  His facts here keep being either changed or avoided..

But why go there?  Why be baited?  Johnnie is not even trying to be real about this.  It’s seems just a game with him and it’s become impossible to take this or its author seriously. 

Offline Baron Von Kesselwalker

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »
Dear Friends,

the problem is with the statement   "  total absense of H2o! (Water.)"  --- it is highly probable that you are not attaining this level of condition . If you were using a heated oven , to about  250  degrees for at least  1 hr , then pulling a vacuum to 1 x 10?² torr  , for several hrs  then ,  you would be getting close to near ideal conditions ..this what I have used in the past at the  "workplace" many moons ago ... also large walk-in style were available ..    http://www.thermoscientific.com/en/product/lindberg-blue-m-vacuum-ovens.html   ..Along with the residual H2o  is the contaminates of the reaction of the Black powder and all its by products , mixing at the microscopic level to do damage that you will never see --- ref  -  http://www.corrosion-doctors.org/Forms-SCC/scc.htm ====

Now there is a saying  from some vets I had worked with in the past -- still applicable today --RUST NEVER SLEEPS  --- ;)

I do remove the nipples  after shooting ... {:(

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2015, 07:40:12 PM »
Dear Friends,
            When I had my two eight inch Barreled Remingtons, I bought them in Arkansas, where some summer nights, the temerature could be 93 degrees, and the Humidity 95%!  I lived with them there for a year or two, then went to Idaho! It was late in the year and there was plenty of snow about!I carried the two pistols regularly on Horseback. Not too many times in the snowy months, but as the weather improved, and the calves began dropping, then each time we rode I carried both. A coyote will not usually bother a full grown cow, but calves they WILL attack. Calves if permitted to do so, become Cows that can be worth several hudred dollars, so the boss was pleased to see that these cunning little predators were at least kept on their toes!  As the year progressed, and Roundup Time began to get near, we would set out to various partsof the ranch, and gather cattle, so that they could be checked, the calves be cut, branded, and inoculated.  Then at roundup, since I was a REALLY LOUSY ROPER, (In spite of my name!) I was allocated to hold the Gather!  To explain!  The cows, calves, and steers,
all start off in one big herd, As each calf is roped and bought to the fire, the calf branded, Inoculates and cut,(If a male.) then mother and calf are shunted off to one side, until the rest of the calf crop are treated the same way.  The Gather, is the herd of mothers and calves that have been dealt with in this way.  Now when there are only a few cows and calves in the Gather, the Cowboy holding them has his work cut out for him.Cattle are gregaroius creatues, and the recently shunted animals in the gather all want to get back with their companions in the Main herd!  So the rider holding the Gather has to be really on his toes to prevent calves and their Mom's, from scooting back to their friends in the bigger herd.  As the morning progresses, and the animals in the gather get to increase, so the bids to get back to the main herd get less, and the
Cowboys holding the man herd get to earn their pay!  It is a very Dusty business, and on getting to the bunkhouse, Betsy &
Clementine had to be field striped and wiped off!  Then I had to clean myself off, before cooking my supper.  I lost that job, because of Family Issues in the Bosses Family. A young Nephew had been living with his family in Iowa somewhere, and had put a young Woman, "In The Family Way!"  So his parents sent him to Idaho to get away from the heat!  With Winter coming on, the Boss could not afford to have two spare wheels on the Ranch. Family won out, and I headed for Arizona, to look for Guest Ranch Work! After a brief spell with the Circle Z near Patagonia, I got onto the Grapevine Canyon Ranch, near Pearce,Az.  This place was up in the Dragoon Mountains, and one of the regular trips, was to view Cochise's Fortess in the Dragoons!  I was there for the winter, and with the heat of the Arizona Summer pending I was laid off and headed north to find cattle work once more!  To my sorrow I found a place called the Four C Ranch.  The owners Father had been a man with the gift of making Money! None of his four son's had inherited this gift.  They could Spend it, but didn't know how to earn it!
            I spent most of that summer learning the intricasies of a Round Baler.  MY tractor was the one that had only ONE window in the cab.  Any of you who have baled hay in a hot, dusty, and Windy Summer in northern California, will understand me when I say that each evening I got to my little trailer, with my clothes and myself, absolutely FILTHY!  I'd get the big black Plastic Trash bag I used as a Laundry bag, take off my boots, then strip to the skin, placing each garment in the Trash Bag, then when I was as Naked as a Jay Bird, get into the shower, and shower and shampoo my hair!  Upon emerging, I'd dry off , get into tomorrows clothes, and make myself something to eat! When Dawn the next day arrived, the process began all over again!  There were Some cattle on the ranch, which holdings were far flung! Some in Oregon, and others in Nevada!  There was a very old Cow Camp across the borer in Nevada. On some week-ends, when I had the luxury of both Saturday AND Sunday off, I'd get permission to borrow the horse trailer, and go to this cow camp, and just have the horse and Betsy & Clementine for Company!  The Boss never knew that Bucky, (Nice fifteen hand Buckskin Gelding.) that I took with me when I needed to ride, to get my head on straight, had been trained to allow a guy to shoot pistols offen his back!!I didn't feel it necessary to tell him!
            As the year drew to a close, I had a Hankering to see Arizona again, and drew my wages and headed South. Hated to say goodbye to Bucky. I had gotten kinda fond of him.  This time I was a little late, and there were  no jobs available on any Dude Ranches that I could find.  I did call on a guy who ran a sort of Dude Ranch/Hunting Guide Service.  He could not hire me, but he said he had some horses that needed shoeing, and he'd give me a place to sleep, if I shod his horses for half what I normally charged.  Seemed like a good deal to me, and when I had the horses all in shape, I took care to make myself usefull around the place.  So I was sorta marking time there, and Shoeing the odd horse from the neighbors, when Scotty, (The Boss!) said he had heard a rumor that the Rancho De La Osa, had had a wrangler quit, and gave me the number. I got hired, and spent that winter there!  Nice Ranch, good food, comfortable room to live in, shot quite a few Rattlers,and I got some good tips too!  When that season ended, I headed north to Elko, and got a job with a ranch named the T Lazy S!  Lazy should NEVER have been in the Lexicon of that Ranch.  Most mornings we rose before Dawn.LONG before Dawn. Went to the corrals, roped out horses for the day, Saddle'd them without the cinches too tight, and put them in stalls, where we gave then a helping of Grain while we headed for the cookshack for OUR breakfast. By now it would have been about 05.15 hrs, and still dark,
  The Chuck was GOOD. The Cook was a middle aged lady, that all the guys were VERY Polite to! She was about 5'-10" tall and probably scaled at about 200 lbs.  All she lacked, to have been the perfect image for a tough Biker's "Old Lady,"  was a few Harley Davidson Tattoo's! But she could cook very well! After eating we retired for a few moments to our rooms to relive ourselves, then put on chaps, spurs, and headed once more for the Barn.  Tightened our cinches a little, and one by one, loaded the horses onto the Big Stock Trailer, that the Cowboss, had hitched the Big Ranch Pick-up Truck to!  Then we got into the truck ourselves, and tried to catch a few extra winks of sleep, while Pete Chavez, The Cowboss, drove to where we were to start work that day!
            That sort of thing went on all day and every day until Thanksgiving, when Pete Chavez told me I was to be laid off.  He was very nice about it, and I do think he liked me, but as he explained, the ranch needed fewer cowboys in the winter, but they needed men who really KNEW COWS!  They needed a man who could ride the range, and knew enough about cows to spot one that was feeling bad, AND who knew what action to take to make her feel better!  My roping skills weren't worth a damn. and I had NOT, as had many of the other men, been bought up around cows!  SO I headed for Arizona a third time!
This time I was too late again to find a Dude Ranch Job. and finally settled working for a rather Kooky Lady, who bred Slow Racehorses! She was always having to pay her vet's bill with trailer loads of Alfalfa Hay, and it was not infrequent that I had to break off from what I was working on with the Mexicans, to hitch up the twenty foot trailer, with Thirty or so three string Bales, and haul them all the way to Dynamite Blvd. where the Vetinarian had his Home and Yard!  It was at this time I met Jamie, the wife who later did the dirty on me and ditched so much of my property.  We lived together for a spell, getting married in the late fall of 1990.  I set up the horseshoeing business once more, and for close on ten years was pretty happy! Then the Arthritis set in, and it got so I was having to take 2000 milligram of Aspirin to get through one horse!  In 2002 I tried to get a job in Californistan, (Which was a BIG MISTAKE!)  I sort of knocked around there for six years, mainly Odd Jobs that lasted six months or so.  Jamie Divorced me in the early part of 2003, and I arranged for her to give all my stuff to a friend, who had a Container that he kept on Private Property near Flagstaff !  Jamie pushed off to Ohio, having had her Mom die, and leave her a trust fund of about a half Million Dollars. Never could find her. (To get back some of the things she did NOT give to my friend.) So I drifted around for a spell, then found ANA online, Married her in haste, (I was SOME kind of Lonely!) We divorced amicably,
and now We share a house. ( For Economic reasons ONLY!) I really Miss Betsy & Clementine.  I shot them regularly in all kinds of weather, and I did this with them for fourteen years!!! At the end of those fourteen years, they were still functioning as efficiently as they did when I first got them in 1988!  I never so much as THOUGHT of removing a nipple in all that time, and I NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLES OF ANY KIND, AND ESPECIALLY NONE THAT COULD IN ANY WAY HAVE BEEN TRACED TO A FAULTY NIPPLE!  I feel that if all the HORRIBLE THINGS,  that some of you guys have been saying, are Sure to happen to my guns, if I do not take my nipples out and clean them, well if none of these things happened to either Betsy OR Clementine, in FOURTEEN BLOODY YEARS, then I don't think I need to be very worried!  I carried them on horseback through Snow, Dusty Winds, Rainstorms, Followed a herd of six hundred Cattle for several hours, where the dust was so thick, you could not see a cow six feet in front of your horse! I could tell they were there, because my horse could see them, and I just watched his head!   One day on the Diamond A Ranch, we had gone out just before daylight to check on a bunch of cows.  We had found them in good shape, and returned to the ranch.  We were about two miles from the Ranchouse, when a sudden chill filled the air. The foreman and the Boss were riding in front, and another Old cowhand and I were behind them.  It had been a very pleasant sunny morning, and we were in shirtsleeves.  As the chill hit us, We all looked over our shoulders, and saw a wall of black cloud approaching. It was like nothing I had ever seen before!  The old hand called out to The Boss, "Reckon we'll git to the Ranch afore it hits?" The Boss just shrugged, A mile before we reached the ranch, it began to snow, and we put slicker's on.  There is NO WARMTH in a slicker!  If I had of had TWO of them on, I'd have froze to death. By the time we stepped down from the horses, we had four inches of snow on out hats!
            Now Betsy and Clementine went through all this for several years, then had mostly Arizona weather from then until 2002!  I am confident that the way I look after my weapons will continue to stand any guns I own in good stead!  You guys who religiously unscrew the fiddly little things, well if it makes you any happier, you go for your life!  I KNOW that you are wasting time, Effort, and all the money you spend on Patent "Protect Your Nipples gadjets!  My 5'5" barreled Triplets, are working Fine & Dandy, and just to prove that what some are suggesting is a load of Horse Puckey, I took one Nipple, from one of my 16 Cylinders at RANDOM, and compared it with a brand New Unused nipple from my case. They were IDENTICAL IN APPEARANCE.  In fact I'm uncertain which one I screwed back into the chamber!  So, you guys waste all the time you want!  I'm not that big a chump!
                                                                                     Johnnie Roper,Alias:GUnslinger9378.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 09:13:31 PM by Gunslinger9378 »

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2015, 09:15:12 PM »
Hi, has anyone else, other than me, noticed that the significance of information posted to this message board is inversely proportional to the length of the post?  )L$ (?^ ->i

Regards,
Richard

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »
Dear Richard,
              Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Now you know most of us country boys aint gonna understand Them Thar Ten Wheeled Words!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:30:55 PM by Gunslinger9378 »