1858 remington forum

Author Topic: What's going on today?  (Read 56774 times)

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: What's going on today?
« Reply #10200 on: December 19, 2018, 02:21:55 PM »
making fried chicken breasts  and some baked with seasoned rice enough to last till friday

very windy here tried to snow
The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps.
General Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC
to the Senate Naval Affairs Committee, 5 May 1946
------------
Marines Birthday  11/10/1775
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #10201 on: December 19, 2018, 03:52:27 PM »
I love rice...really with anything. Kimmy and Max don't like it.

I do like lemen pepper on baked chicken breast.

Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10202 on: December 19, 2018, 04:11:01 PM »
DD; it may be time to lay it on the line-- Ask her if she wants to live, or continue to commit suicide (death by horrible, painful disease).

This works best in the form of an "intervention", wherein her extended family members, or past friends (alcoholocs have few current friends unless they too are alcoholics), or etc., get involved.

There are professionals who deal with this sort of thing and can advise you on it.  Alannon, is one good resource.  I went through this with my wife, and another extended family member is going through it right now with his wife, so I know precisely what you're dealing with.  It's always the same story.

We did convince my wife to stop drinking, but it took time, it took other people getting involved (and oh, how she hated me for that!) and it took her wrecking her new car and losing her job.  Now she has cirrhosis of the liver, and may need a transplant in a few years, she has to remain on dieuretics to prevent her abdomen from bloating up with water, and her legs swelling, etc., and must remain on a modified diet for the rest of her life.

There are some hard and fast rules here (they're universal);
All alcoholics are liars.  They'll say they've quit, but haven't, and they'll build elaborate, very clever deceptions to hide their continued abuse.
All alcoholics have "stashes" placed strategically around their environment.  I was reading a book (unrelated to this, but it did involve an alcoholic) and in it, one character knew, for a fact, without ever having known him that an alcoholic had a stash in his car.  So I checked my wife's car.  Sure enough; tons of liquor in there, hidden carefully, along with empties.  It turned out she had stashes all over the property, too, and this even before I had ever confronted her about it.
Practically All alcoholics (save a fraction of a percent) need other people involved, to convince them to get help AND once they've committed to quit, to keep them on the wagon.  This is where Alcoholics Annonymous comes in.

Anyone with any experience will tell you; Get help.  You can't do it on your own, nor can she.  Every alcoholic has a demon, and tries to kill the demon with booze, but they only kill themselves instead.  What a wretched way to go.
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.   James 1:25 (KJV)

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.   James 2:12. (KJV)

Offline valforgettaboutit

« Reply #10203 on: December 20, 2018, 11:36:53 AM »
DD; it may be time to lay it on the line-- Ask her if she wants to live, or continue to commit suicide (death by horrible, painful disease).

This works best in the form of an "intervention", wherein her extended family members, or past friends (alcoholocs have few current friends unless they too are alcoholics), or etc., get involved.

There are professionals who deal with this sort of thing and can advise you on it.  Alannon, is one good resource.  I went through this with my wife, and another extended family member is going through it right now with his wife, so I know precisely what you're dealing with.  It's always the same story.

We did convince my wife to stop drinking, but it took time, it took other people getting involved (and oh, how she hated me for that!) and it took her wrecking her new car and losing her job.  Now she has cirrhosis of the liver, and may need a transplant in a few years, she has to remain on dieuretics to prevent her abdomen from bloating up with water, and her legs swelling, etc., and must remain on a modified diet for the rest of her life.

There are some hard and fast rules here (they're universal);
All alcoholics are liars.  They'll say they've quit, but haven't, and they'll build elaborate, very clever deceptions to hide their continued abuse.
All alcoholics have "stashes" placed strategically around their environment.  I was reading a book (unrelated to this, but it did involve an alcoholic) and in it, one character knew, for a fact, without ever having known him that an alcoholic had a stash in his car.  So I checked my wife's car.  Sure enough; tons of liquor in there, hidden carefully, along with empties.  It turned out she had stashes all over the property, too, and this even before I had ever confronted her about it.
Practically All alcoholics (save a fraction of a percent) need other people involved, to convince them to get help AND once they've committed to quit, to keep them on the wagon.  This is where Alcoholics Annonymous comes in.

Anyone with any experience will tell you; Get help.  You can't do it on your own, nor can she.  Every alcoholic has a demon, and tries to kill the demon with booze, but they only kill themselves instead.  What a wretched way to go.

Jeez Omni I'm really sorry to hear all that. Good she finally quit the drink though.

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10204 on: December 20, 2018, 06:27:22 PM »
omni thanks, understand all  of  that
stopped at her house today give her , her bottled water    ask if I would take her to eat   said she was starving
asked whose fault that was  you threw a tantrum and walked out   and no I'm not taking you out to eat went to dollar tree   bought graham crackers peanut butter jelly and corn tortillas  won't starve told her  make them last  going to be gone about 2 weeks for Christmas
see her attitude  Saturday
------------
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline Pustic

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Proud American Hillbilly Infidel & Facebook Felon
« Reply #10205 on: December 25, 2018, 10:37:56 AM »
Not much going on here. Just watching TV, playing ham radio, playing on here, and pissing off libtards.  :9)
{?( Be ye not afraid of the truth, for the "Truth Has No Agenda".  :9)
"If they come to take, they also come to die." Pustic 4:20

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #10206 on: December 25, 2018, 11:55:15 AM »
Sleeping, now leeme lone and go way. And keep it down out there.  GEEZ!!!!!!! Buncha loud #&%@$%#&*^%# O()
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10207 on: December 30, 2018, 08:29:59 PM »
Hawg quit whining and bitching      at least you're still alive

Happy new years everybody
------------
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10208 on: January 11, 2019, 01:34:59 PM »
well about 36 here light snow    supposed to be bright sunshine tomorrow

I have a singer 401k machine normally works very good   lately been acting up  keeps bending breaking needles
going to have to find something a bit heavier  my cobra class 3   is too heavy for a lot of stuff

------------
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline Smokey

• Domain Adminstrator
  • Administrator
  • Forum Legend
    • 1858Remington.com
« Reply #10209 on: January 11, 2019, 03:43:45 PM »
My physical rehabilitation started today. I never thought standing barefooted would be so difficult. I could only maintain my balance about 30 seconds. Can not stand on my tip toes on the injured leg. But the therapist said it was normal. I should be able to return to work in a week or so. I can't wait.  _l

Offline JAX71224

« Reply #10210 on: January 12, 2019, 06:18:43 PM »
Sounds like good news. Good to hear, done PT for many months years ago after a car turned left in front of my bike,leaving nowhere to go except right into her side! Stay with it even when ya wanna give up 'cause it'll get you better from it........ (T^

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #10211 on: January 12, 2019, 09:21:48 PM »
Raining AGAIN!!!!! ^y% At least we had a couple of days break from it.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10212 on: January 13, 2019, 08:39:57 AM »
been clear and dry here last few days   did get 6" snow a few  days ago  going to replace truck battery later today when it warms up a bit
------------
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline Smokey

• Domain Adminstrator
  • Administrator
  • Forum Legend
    • 1858Remington.com
« Reply #10213 on: January 13, 2019, 12:08:27 PM »
Sounds like good news. Good to hear, done PT for many months years ago after a car turned left in front of my bike,leaving nowhere to go except right into her side! Stay with it even when ya wanna give up 'cause it'll get you better from it........ (T^
Jax, I am sorry to hear of that. Motorcycles are fun but so dangerous. Many drivers just do not think twice about pulling out in front of a bike.

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10214 on: January 13, 2019, 05:54:28 PM »
everybody is so crude and rude anymore in such a hurry to get no where
always meet and sometimes pass them at the next light
2 days ago 2 were pulled over by the police  all they got was a warning ticket
the only thing that will slow them down is a fine and forbidden to drive for 30 days

but they also pull out in front of big rigs to  they get ran over once, they won't do i again
me? depending on where I am and if safe  I will brake check them and signal a turn and move in front of them  and keep them behind me and the car in next lane
just need to be careful don't  cause an accident
------------
USA birthday  7/4/1776