1858 remington forum

Author Topic: What's going on today?  (Read 46663 times)

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: What's going on today?
« Reply #10095 on: November 07, 2018, 07:53:34 AM »
My neighbor (Harriet) had an Englander pellet for 4 yr  kept breaking down  so she got one like mine   A echo choice heatilator
She have me the Englander. I put some new parts in it  been working good on part time basisfor 4 year  now broke again

went to Ebay found one like mie about 40%off   brand new   said make offer he was asking $1500 + $400 shipping    I offered $1200      refused it told him I'd pay the $1500   if he paid the shipping
still refused told him to kiss off did quick google    local tractor supply store had one for sale  $1271 equal quality and size so I bought it yesterday
And on Veterans day pellets are $4.24 a 40# bag   normally  $5.07
so buying a pallet of 60 bags

school is having a Veterans  day pageant Friday   Marine Corps birthday ball is Saturday and beer party is Friday night    so 24 hr of partying
The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps.
General Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC
to the Senate Naval Affairs Committee, 5 May 1946
------------
Marines Birthday  11/10/1775
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #10096 on: November 07, 2018, 08:23:55 AM »
Doing nothing here...…...yet. SMILE!
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Gillamax77

• American by birth, Texan by the grace of GOD
« Reply #10097 on: November 08, 2018, 08:43:39 PM »
 {?|
Returned to the office today to find USPS had delivered my new ASP REM 58 from NORTON COMMANDO. I like the patina look. The grips are a little thicker than I like, and my 73 ASP, but I can deal with it. First thing I did when I got home was take Jason's cylinder out and put in my 73 ASP. It cocks and indexes into battery perfectly. Shine a light down barrel and no cressant moon looking back at me. Next I took my Pietta cylinder I fitted to mine and put in Jason's ASP. A little tight, needs more facing, but it looks like fit in battery perfectly. Original cylinder was off to right. Pietta was off to left on my ASP. I hoped it would correct it and I think I may be right. A little more fitting. I like an 11 deg forcing cone and a faced barrel and we shall see. Only thing I don't care far is the .446-.447 bore. The ASP' s have a bore of .449-.450 bores. All in all a good day.
 {L*
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when your stupid." John Wayne

Marine Corps League #1452 Ellis County Texas
NRA Life Member since 1988
Knights of Columbus 3rd Degree

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #10098 on: November 09, 2018, 06:10:18 AM »
Getting Max ready for school.
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Classanr

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • BP, the original bug chaser!
« Reply #10099 on: November 09, 2018, 08:50:10 PM »
... local tractor supply store ... on Veterans day pellets are ...

I tried 1000 lbs of their "FuelBlocks" (pressed sawdust) on last weekend's sale.
Not quite as good as GeoBlocks (6% moisture compared to .7% in Geo) but are locally selling on Veterans Day at half the price of a delivered ton of GeoBlocks.

They come shrink wrapped in extremely frailly thin "saranwrap" plastic, 3 blocks making 20 lbs.  I carefully load in a 20lb wrapped pkg of three and come back 8 hrs later to repeat.  I will save the good stuff for the -20deg days/nights to hit in January.

So me too, going to add another 1000 lbs to the basement.  So far Oct and Nov have already proven to be 10 degrees cooler upstate NH than last year and the Farmer's Almanac calls for a "Bone Chilling" winter. Unuh, not me. My bones want to stay warm.

Next year the pellet stove gets installed to better and less expensively heat the upper part of the house.  This year's objective has been reached:  Heat and cook when all power is out for months and the diesel stops flowing.
Jim Beam me, Scotty!  Life here is more intelligent than I.

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10100 on: November 10, 2018, 11:48:43 AM »
Ours are pellets   about diameter of pencil   about 1/4 to  1/2 " long    40# bags   60 bags on a pallet but you can buy any number of bags
these have pretty good burn rate   about  24 hr or so per bag if not really   windy
------------
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline Len

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10101 on: November 11, 2018, 11:48:04 AM »
My order with DD4 has arrived. Jags, brushes, line capper and lots of other stuff, the kind'a things an addict needs. Very competitive prices. Before getting your stuff, I'd suggest you check with DD first.

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10102 on: November 12, 2018, 07:35:06 AM »
thanks Len
------------
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline Len

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10103 on: November 12, 2018, 08:24:44 AM »
thanks Len
Do not thank me. I just stated facts. Thank you for that package of goodies.
PS  DD4 always include some interesting freebees

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10104 on: Today at 03:12:23 PM »
Yep, the Marine does good deals.

We have smoke in California, lots of smoke.  It will probably still be here for Christmas.  Paradise, CA really was a great place.  I’d been visiting there since childhood and am sorry it’s gone.  The Donald thinks we should clear some brush here in Cali and I think he’s right.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".   
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)