Author Topic: My only brasser  (Read 1985 times)

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
My only brasser
« on: October 29, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »
I bought a parts gun from TomADC here and got it last Saturday. The gun (as he noted in his ad) wouldn't go to half cock with the cylinder in place. It also had a couple of other issues: the barrel locator pin holes were really tight, I mean like you had to pound the barrel on. I didn't do that, but did enlarge the holes just a teeny tiny bit so now the barrel slips on with a gentle push. The bolt wouldn't retract, the leg wouldn't slip off the hammer cam when it was down. So, after about 3 hours of work I have the thing working. I don't know who made the action frame, but Tom said the other parts are Pietta. The outside of the frame was polished nicely and the back strap has some engraving, but the inside wasn't cleaned at all. I took a fine file to the insides and got them pretty well smoothed up. I have a few other C&B revolvers but this is my first brasser.....36 caliber Navy.

Offline Tom-ADC

• Old Salt
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: My only brasser
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 07:42:57 PM »
Okay, you've had it long enough send it back ->i
Emery, glad you got it working (T^
US Navy Retired, NRA life member, VFW life member, American Legion, FRA, KofC
Time Magazine person of the year.....2006

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »
Mazo What? Just one brasser? Boy, you better jump on the wagon and buy some more brassers!
Heh!  (?^
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »
To tell the truth, I have always kinda looked down my nose at the brass framed guns. Not that they aren't nice looking and functional though. Anyway, now I have one  {?|  I have seen it written here that unless there is a picture, it didn't happen....so here are a couple. I didn't take any pictures of the countless times I put the thing together and took it back down to work a little more on the hand and bolt though.

Trying to decide on how to finish the steel parts...brown, rust blue, antique? I will strip the grips to get rid of the shiny look though and refinish them.