Author Topic: Johnny (Gunslinger #@$!)  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Re: Johnny (Gunslinger #@$!)
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 05:33:50 PM »
Glad to see you back Johnnie. J(*

Me too !
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS 28564-LTG-Regulator, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Founding member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters.  Member:  The Ozarks Posse, Southern Missouri Rangers, Moniteau Creek River Raiders, Butterfield Trail Cowboys.

Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline pope52

• www.sedonahomeinspection.com
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 06:47:03 PM »
Johnny,

Good to hear you are back in warm AZ and with a roof over your head! You were missed! (k-

pope52

Offline Bishop Creek

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 06:55:12 PM »
We missed you Johnny!

Offline jdurand

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Mostly Harmless
    • Company web site
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 06:58:40 PM »
Any roof is better than no roof, I wound up living on the floor of a friend's den for around 6 months.  Not great but it was indoors!
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Paracelsus)
NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of California member

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 07:43:38 PM »
when i was much younger i lived under the roof of a collapsed barn for nearly 2 months... i alos lived on a 48ft houseboat for 9 years and in a 36ft camper in maine in the woods for 4 years and in a 5th wheel camper in maryland for 2 years at my parents farm... i  miss my boat though... that was fun!!!!
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 08:37:33 PM »
back in late 1970's  got laid off during a severe recession in the boom town Rock Springs, Wy.
Sold my house back to bank break even.
Moved into my cab over camper in the desert for about 4 months.
Got a spot job, paid enough to let me move into a camper park and pay off the truck.
about month or so later, traded the cabover for a 25 ft tear drop 1950's tow behind camper.
Lived in it through the winter. Had to haul water for cooking bathing, toilet, as the outdoor water
was turned off so it wouldn't freeze.
So yep been there done that too.
The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps.
General Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC
to the Senate Naval Affairs Committee, 5 May 1946
------------
Marines Birthday  11/10/1775
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 08:49:56 PM »
back in late 1970's  got laid off during a severe recession in the boom town Rock Springs, Wy.
Sold my house back to bank break even.
Moved into my cab over camper in the desert for about 4 months.
Got a spot job, paid enough to let me move into a camper park and pay off the truck.
about month or so later, traded the cabover for a 25 ft tear drop 1950's tow behind camper.
Lived in it through the winter. Had to haul water for cooking bathing, toilet, as the outdoor water
was turned off so it wouldn't freeze.
So yep been there done that too.

yeah hauling water in the middle of winter in maine was fun... i had 2 collapsible rain barrels i used, one stayed outside in the middle of my compost pile (which made enough heat to keep the water from freezing) and one in the back of my bronco. i would fill the bronco at work and drive the water home and fill the barrel.... it certainly was a PITA but two of the guys i worked with had the same situation and were raising kids in houses with no well and no electric! hell i had heat, electric and a/c but no well (too much bedrock, would have cost a fortune to blast through it)

not everyone has to live in a 5 bedroom mansion to be happy... i was happiest on my boat...
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline SourMashII

• Forum Legend
  • Smokin'......
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 11:00:59 AM »
  A Church Member does his Pest Control,                 GUNSLINGER9378
Out of sheer Morbid curiosity, is the Pest Control company "CROACH"? That's my brother's outfit.
Soaking this up like a Parched sponge.

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2017, 03:47:44 PM »
Dear Sourmash,
            No! It is a company called"Mug-A-Bug," run by a guy called Vance Sullivan,who sadly, is now too sick to work, and his son has taken over the actual working of the company.  The son is a most peculiar guy. He has made it obvious he doesn't like me, and I find it very difficult to like him.  So when he calls here to spray, (Just the outside grounds fortunately!)
We don't have to put up with one another!
            Now dear friends, PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT SPELL MY NAME WITH A "y"  i AM jOHNNIE, WITH AN IE!!!  This came abut when I went for a weeks vacation to the Flying G Ranch in Britains New Forest in about the early sixties!  There were four of us there named JOHN!  So when the Captain put up the nxt days riding list, there would be
                                                     John - Purple Sage
                                                     John - Timber
                                                     John -Chester
                                                     John- Navajo.
           The latter names being the names of the horses!  So all four of us would cluster around the captain, wanting to know which john was riding which horse.  After a couple of days he got fed up with it, so he gathered all four of us together, and made the following speech.  Pointing at one guy, he said,"You will remain, "John,"  then pointing at the next guy, he said, "You will be jon!" We'll just knoch the H out of your name,"  Then he Turned to the third guy, and said, "You'll be Johnny with a Y, and then to me he said, you are now Johnnie with an IE!"  I liked the name, for Johnnie Roper sounded a lot more Western to me, than just John Roper.  When I became a U.S.Citizen in September 24th. 1982, I made it legal!
No-one ever calls me John anymore! Which is the way I like it!
                                                           JohnnIE Roper, alias Gunslinger9378.
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline Steamburn

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2017, 04:58:16 PM »
¡Que Viva Johnnie!