Author Topic: Huntin' Gear  (Read 9823 times)

chuckr1952

Re: Huntin' Gear
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 05:17:45 AM »
        I was always picky about who I took hunting, lot of gomers that own guns.

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 08:54:15 AM »
LOL! Gomers! Haven't heard anyone use that one since Nixon was in office!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

chuckr1952

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 09:04:32 AM »
    You mean he"s not still in office?

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 09:09:08 AM »
nixon? who is this nixon guy yall are talking about? yall know i dont get to town often! {?(
if yall get this way,drop on by!

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 09:51:52 AM »
I don't hunt any more. Gave that up a long time ago. But when I did hunt, I always had blaze orange on me. Too many goofy people running around with guns out there.
If I had to hunt for food, I'll be out there with orange on again.
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

chuckr1952

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 05:38:33 PM »
       I wear orange when I go to walmart.

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 06:09:57 PM »
nixon? who is this nixon guy yall are talking about? yall know i dont get to town often! {?(

(He, was).... "not a crook"
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 06:20:48 PM »
Never thought there was anything that would make me miss Jimmy Carter, until the current administration, Nixon, Now Let Me Make This Perfectly Clear, yea, I remember him, Ike's Vice president, ran against Kennedy in '60 and lost, ran again in '68 and won.  Running against the Democrats that year Gomer could have run and won.  Nixon needed a little edge in '72, that whole Watergate thing, tempest in a teapot, of course he was a lying sack of shit, they all are, if they told us the bald face truth about everything we would go screaming into the night.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.  Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 06:27:30 PM »
now rock, dont hold back! tell us what you really think!

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 08:19:41 PM »
Just a thing I have about scumbag politicians, and that's pretty much the lot of them.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.  Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 02:58:41 AM »
me an the old man i help out here, have had many world problem solving discussions!  while drinking coffee around the fire over the years, we have determined that instead of metal detectors, they should put hand inspectors at all capitol buildings, and no one be admitted without callouses on their hands! {:(

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 04:33:25 AM »
when hunting i try to keep things to a minimum! i carry ,rifle, horn, knife and bag! bag has ball, caps, nipple pick, binoculars, and mre tp [for those emergencys related to the mornin coffee!] and thats about it! some of the guys i go with occasionaly carry  every thing they can think of! thermos , something to eat, bottled water , a magazine , man you name it!  i believe in being prepared and maybe they are afraid of getting lost and having to survie for a few days , i dont know what these guys are thinking! im not sayin my way is right or better than their way, hell, this is america! but i was sharing a stand with a neighbor one time and he reached into his pack and pulled out a mini video game and a cell phon to call his buds in the other stands and ask them what they saw! i was blown away! man when i go after meat im focused on the hunt! i cant imagine doing anything other than looking and listening! i have put more meat on the table by paying attention! i usually hear the deer before i see him and pretty much aleady got an idea where its coming out before it shows, that allowes me to already have the rifle pointng in the general direction of the deer! less movement with the gun when i see him/her!  what do yall carry  on the hunt?

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 05:59:58 AM »
We live in a society that suffers from attention deficit disorder, most can't sit still or shut the f*** up for two minutes at a time.  Hunting ain't about just killing animals unless you are real hungry, it's about enjoying the peacefull solitude of nature without all the distractions of daily life.  Video games in the forrest, he would have had it as a suppository had I been next to him, and I hate cell phones.

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 06:07:06 AM »
Sorry, got so distracted by the idea of playing video games while hunting that I failed to answer the question.  When I did hunt, in the days before every jackass in the tri state area started hunting in my woods, I carried the minimum as I was always hunting close to home.  The weapon, good knife, some spare ammo, compass and map, lighter, small medical kit in my pocket, my canteen and a few chocolate bars.  I had my warm orange hat, wool Filson double Mackinaw cruiser, gloves, and Danner boots.  Anything extra I carried except the canteen fit in my pockets, no gillie suits, or oddball looking camo outfits, the deer can't see color anyway, and there is always heavy cover in this part of NY, most of NY for that matter.  You get a shot at a deer past 50 yards and you can consider yourself lucky, most of the time it's gonna be 20 yards.

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2011, 04:51:40 AM »
ok whos got some good skinnin knives? ill put mine on here when the old woman gits up to take pics (?^  she was out late at the horse aucton last nit, our income suppliment!