1858 remington forum

Author Topic: Braggin' Rights  (Read 21215 times)

Offline SourMashII

• Forum Legend
  • Smokin'......
Re: Braggin' Rights
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2013, 12:27:24 AM »
so, we go wheelin' (trail riding honestly) Sunday, I have my kid from LA (born here) who I've never met. (2 times in 14 hours, MAYBE 3 hours total elapsed).

Don't bring the Remmie, Jenn is scared of him being around a gun, I want him to pop the fear cherry, and get over it.

He asks if I'm packing, I say no, he says what if a bear/wolf/ad nauseam appears...?

I say, we see tracks in the winter, but nothing more than Herbivores by day.

AIn't nothin' more dangerous than a Mama ANYTHING in the wild if they feel threatened, on a single lane dirt track, with a cliff on one side and a precipice on the other, there is no escape route.

I chase these damned herbivore's for a mile or so... all the time fearful that what's her face would turn around and charge, and even more fearful I had no escape route or lead pill for her.

50 yds off, (for the entire mile, only because I didn't force the issue) they trot at 15 mph, in case your curious.

(it's a Ma moose and her mooselet if ya can't tell)
Soaking this up like a Parched sponge.

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2013, 08:17:30 AM »
When I used to live in a few places of Wyo., I used to run down Antelopes and a few Deers with my dirtbike(1972 Yamaha RT 360). I would get real close to one and run over their back leg. They would go down crashing most of the time...if not, I would run over their other back leg.
Then I would jump off my bike, run up to them and slit their neck. I tried to kill them as fast as I could. I didn't live that far from home when I did this. This was back in the late 70's.
You shouldn't admit t stuff like that on an open forum. Those antic (tactics) are illegal, you know!
The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps.
General Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC
to the Senate Naval Affairs Committee, 5 May 1946
------------
Marines Birthday  11/10/1775
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2013, 08:26:41 AM »
ok this one moose we don't need to fear. Unless maybe you fall on it.
It is full size made from barbed wire.
the other is the South end of a Mule Deer heading North. Kinda resembles MD don't it? (?^
other is my moose pic.
Byt the way, these were all taken when on my motorcycle doing day rides and camping trips
on it.
A full grown moose wouldn't take kindly to you shooting it with a puny Remington 44
Yeah it might die, but you likely might also! {_K
The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps.
General Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC
to the Senate Naval Affairs Committee, 5 May 1946
------------
Marines Birthday  11/10/1775
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline SourMashII

• Forum Legend
  • Smokin'......
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »
^ Illegal to shoot, it'd only have gotten shot had it been crashing through my windshield. I went out of my away to avoid that, lol

And I hate skinning/cleaning game, hence not hunting in the last quarter century.

There is a story about a bloke in Kodiak, AK. Who took a 10'7" Kodiak, with a .17 Remington out of a Sako L461 Vixen. {:(

If the .17 Remmie can down that grade of beast at Point Blank range, I figure, anything is within the range of the 1858 Remmie at Point Blank range... {_K

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2013, 01:39:17 PM »
I think this is good enough to brag about. I didn't bag this 14 point buck, but my friend did; took him in my 11 acre woods!

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2013, 01:41:09 PM »
One more picture.  Usually Tony gives me the antlers....but NOT THESE! He had the deer mounted.

Offline SourMashII

• Forum Legend
  • Smokin'......
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »
I'm all.. "HOLY SHIT A 14 POINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then I realized it was Eastern count....

Good looking 7 point there!