1858 remington forum

Author Topic: Braggin' Rights  (Read 21216 times)

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
Braggin' Rights
« on: July 06, 2011, 12:15:36 PM »
Tell us what you bagged , what you used, and the story behind it! Post pics if possible. Please no 5000 yd stories (?^
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:17:33 PM by east texas »
if yall get this way,drop on by!

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
Re: Braggin' Rights
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 03:33:08 AM »
well it aint much to brag about,  but since there are no posts here yet,[ i do expect to see some during season this year!] ill tell yall i got a big ol coon tail drying up right now!   caught the fat sucker eatin the corn outta my squirrel feeder a .22 decided he wasnt gonna do that any more!

chuckr1952

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 05:01:51 AM »
,      I wish I could post something here but I dont hunt any more, dont delete the thread, its just a little out of season right now. I want to see what anyone comes up with, kwilfong is going hog huntin, maybe he'll come back with a story!

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 06:18:51 AM »
I had a problem with a seriously bad critter that was nothing but trouble.  Mean as a snake, fast as lightning, I knew it had to go.  Day after day I waited patiently, still as death I hid in my blind waiting for it to show itself, but it was a sneaky, and cunning beast, it smelled a trap.  I had all but given up when one day I detected movement out of the corner of my eye, just a hint at first, then slowly the beast moved into view.  Very slowly, inch by inch, I moved my weapon into position, took carefull aim as I knew I would only get one chance a this shot.  Cocked back the hammer ever so slowly as to make no noise, and shot that f***in mouse with my .32 revolver I keep in my desk out in the tool shed, blew that American Rifleman magazine chewing son of a bitch right to hell.  That thing was using my desk for a toilet, chewing everything, and evading the cat with ease.  If there was anything left of it's head I would have mounted it on the wall.  I hunted it down and killed it, it counts  (?^
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.  Theodore Roosevelt

chuckr1952

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 07:02:10 AM »
     I completly understand!!, In the past I have been tempt ed several times, I'v always prided nyself on my traping skill but every once in a while you get one of these real chalenges, and dont care how you have to deal with it!, did you have him stuffed? We want to see some pic's    lol (?^ [< hey look what I did]

Online Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »
Well, not yet...but I might have some in the coming future. Heh!
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 12:01:44 PM »
I had to replace the strip of plywood from that part of the floor, seems the mouse body failed to stop the little .32 bullet, I went and sprung for some 3/4" plywood and fixed the floor sag while I was at it.  Figured one day the floor might fail to stop my feet from going right through.  No stuffing, not enough skin left.  I should have used shorts in that gun rather than the longs, but I hadn't expected to hunt critters with it while still inside the shed.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.  Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 06:08:08 PM »
Now Minnie is a widow. You cruel old coot, you! (?^
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

chuckr1952

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 06:45:20 PM »
   I cant grt over the fact that I put one of those smily thangs on my post, wonder how I did that, I never click on any thing I dont know what is, I hope nothing bad happens. this in a bad luck sign.

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 08:22:51 PM »
Don't worry Chuck, you sound like half the guys who work in the controll center of the nearby Nuclear Power plant, I wish I was joking about that, just don't push the button marked DESTRUCT bad things will happen  {_K

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »
we been smokin brisket today, went out back to check on the smoke house temp. and found a copperhead  killed him with my multi-caliber hoe! mike 1 snake 0! what did YOU kill today? except you charlie :(

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »
We got the copperheads here, good for eating bugs in the garden, I try to leave them be, and for the most part they run away when they feel you coming.  The water moccasins, and especially the rattle snakes are pure mean, they are removed with extream prejudice.  Never stick your hands and feet, or anything else were you can't see because that's were the sneaks live.  We have this guy from Brazil who comes in for parts sometimes, one time he needed a lawnmover part and I sent him to that pile.  Now in Brazil everything kills you, fast, so he afraid of snakes, frogs, and bees, terrified, we got the sort of place were you come to look for all three.  He lifts the lawn tractor hood and there is a snake coiled on top of the engine, probably something harmless, he scream like a little girl, drop the hood and stumbles back into another machine were the bees start coming out.  He gets to runnin, trips over some crap, falls on the ground face to face with a small frog.  Hard to tell from the puddle water he fell in, but I think he pissed himself, and it was five months before we saw him again.

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 03:22:29 PM »
the coppers blend in well witha ll the pine needles an the grandkids are around a lot and even the dogs have been bit ! "thou shall not suffer a serpent" i kill em when i see em! we also have some fair amount of chicken snakes , i try to let them be if they arent in my yard i have actually seen them eat rattlers! we have some little rattlers out here that dont have rattles! sneaky little bastards!

chuckr1952

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 03:45:04 PM »
      saw the bigist dang snak I'v seen in along time bout a month ago, wasnt a rattler, I was talking on the phone and saw his head going across the yard down at the back, coudnt tell what kind he was but looked to be 5to 6 foot long he was moving fast and would have been gone before I could go get my shoes, he was headed west so ya'll dont have to worry

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 03:50:38 PM »
most poisenious snakes are fairly slow moving wit a few exceptions!  most of the fast ones eat the slower venemous ones ,dang chuck my spellings gettin as bad as yers!