1858 remington forum

Author Topic: Polish capper  (Read 347 times)

Offline Capnball

Polish capper
« on: August 24, 2018, 06:28:02 AM »
My capper arrived, it took three weeks. The pocket model is for size comparison. It weighs 150grams, solid brass, machined well and works every time. Worth the $50!

Offline drobs

Re: Polish capper
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 07:34:23 AM »
Looks good. Mine has a little patina to it from being left out in the garage.
NRA Life Member

Offline Capnball

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 05:46:51 AM »
I don't care for the "brushed" look on the brass. Left plain with no brush streaks and lines would be better and probably look better as it patinas. I was going to expedite the patina process with boiled eggs in a baggie, but was worried the sulfur given off might adversely affect the spring. I'll leave it in the garage. (k-

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 02:22:45 PM »
Just use it a lot with gunpowdery sooty hands, that will soon darken it up good.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".   
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline Capnball

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 05:26:34 AM »
Thanks for that tip Gdog , I have sooty hands about twice a week lately. Here is a lil kick around pouch I made from an old Coach pocketbook that was twenty five cents at a yard sale. Took about half an hour to make.

Offline Racing

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 05:56:11 AM »
Like some of you i get sooty a minimum of like twice a week at the moment and want to go on record and say that i absolutely love my Polish capper.
IMO as good as it gets.
DVC - 2018