1858 remington forum

Author Topic: Value of a Pedersoli musket  (Read 168 times)

Offline Calibre32

Value of a Pedersoli musket
« on: August 22, 2018, 05:56:08 PM »
I am thinking of selling my Pedersoli Percussion Frontier rifle. Bought new in the 1980's, I think, never fired. It is .44cal and in near new condition. Also have the wooden  handle .44 mold that came with it.
What would be a fair price?.....Jim
I was here and you are not, now you are here and I am not

Offline mike116

• Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.com
Re: Value of a Pedersoli musket
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 07:13:32 PM »
New retail price is just shy of $700.   Somewhere south of that I would expect.    Pedersoli products seem to hold value pretty well,  but as the saying goes...   it's worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Offline Calibre32

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 04:57:53 AM »
Thanks Mike.  I was thinking about 550.00 PP in USA..Does it pay to advertise it here?  And where do I get a shipping carton?......No original box...................Jim
I was here and you are not, now you are here and I am not

Offline Capnball

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 06:32:45 AM »
Most gun shops have a pile of long boxes and will give you one if you ask. My local shop throws them out every few weeks.

Offline mike116

• Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 06:54:05 AM »
Thanks Mike.  I was thinking about 550.00 PP in USA..Does it pay to advertise it here?  And where do I get a shipping carton?......No original box...................Jim

These forums are always a good place to put up your BP guns for sale.  You never know what people are in the market for.  Since it's free to post you have nothing to lose.