Author Topic: Leather vendor: The possibles shop  (Read 280 times)

Offline Frankenstein

Leather vendor: The possibles shop
« on: August 11, 2018, 03:52:09 PM »
I ordered a left hand crossdraw holster for my walker, and it arrived today.  It’s a very basic holster design, the sort used for Gus in lonesome dove.

http://possibleshop.com/p-g-cap-ball-rigs.html[/url]][url=http://possibleshop.com/p-g-cap-ball-rigs.html]http://possibleshop.com/p-g-cap-ball-rigs.html[/url]

It’s outer facing is rough, as you’d expect. This will do until I have the esteemed mike116 build my rig.  ])M

They offer a holster for the 1858 for a good price (see pic)
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

Offline Frankenstein

Re: Leather vendor: The possibles shop
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 04:24:51 PM »
Another pic

Offline drobs

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 11:47:27 PM »
Another pic

Rough side out, were you expecting that?
NRA Life Member

Offline Frankenstein

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 09:29:40 AM »
Another pic

Rough side out, were you expecting that?

I was. No complaints!

Offline Trooper Ozzy

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 04:20:13 PM »
I olive oil my rough out rifle scabbards and saddlebags. Might consider that for the holster.

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 07:35:29 PM »
That'll certainly work for the time being.

When it comes to a specific cross draw holster, Mike will build one up with just the right angle to it.  A holster designed for same-side draw will sit more vertically.  The one I have for the Ruger Single Six, designed for right side carry, right-hand draw, has an angle that tilts the top of the gun forward, muzzle to the back.  Thats great for how it's designed to be used, but the angle is backwards, and thus impractical, for cross draw.  The western style holsters for percussion guns usually work OK for cross draw, and the military holsters were built for it, but the one I got from Mike116 is perfect, IMHO.  I'd suggest having Mike supply a belt with the holster too, for the best combination.
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.   James 1:25 (KJV)

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.   James 2:12. (KJV)

Offline Frankenstein

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 08:16:30 PM »
I olive oil my rough out rifle scabbards and saddlebags. Might consider that for the holster.

before I go that route, would you by any chance have any pics of what that ends up looking like?

Offline drobs

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 12:26:17 AM »
NRA Life Member

Offline Frankenstein

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 09:42:36 AM »

Offline Kaeto

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Official Mad Dog Nose Tweaker.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »
Don't forget the hat and the squint!
“The path of the warrior is difficult! We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves! Honour in serving! Honour in defending! Honour in dying for a just cause!”

"A knight is sworn to valor; His heart knows only virtue; His blade defends the helpless; His might upholds the weak; His word speaks only truth,
and his wrath undoes the wicked."

Offline Capnball

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 06:14:01 AM »
There are a few different versions of that poncho, be sure to get the full size model with leather trimmed cutout where you put your head thru. More durable and looks nice. Mike is making my crossdraw and gunbelt for one of my 1858's. After seeing pics of his work, like Smithsonian museum collection quality! I agree with others, your temp holster will do just fine, and I think the olive oil is a good idea.