Author Topic: Building a Presentation Case......  (Read 135 times)

Offline Cross Plains Drifter

• Born 100 yrs. late !
Building a Presentation Case......
« on: July 29, 2018, 10:40:20 PM »
been really wanting a nice velvet lined presentation case for my stag gripped '58 Sheriffs model lately, but haven't wanted to drop the $150 that most companies want for a decent case now.

Today I noticed my Dad (who lives next door) wrestling my old childhood clothes dresser onto his carport to set by the street for junk pickup.

My wife & I ran and wrestled it for him (he's 82 FCOL !) and I noticed how nice the knotted pine top looked......so it came home with us, and is now cut down into top and bottom sized pieces with parts of the inner framework ready to be cut into side slabs and divider pieces.

it'll be the standard, revolver & capbox / powder flask / wads, balls, tool, capper     layout

i'm in absolutely no hurry to finish this, and think it'll be really nice when done......especially being from my childhood !!
Democracy is 2 Wolves and a Lamb voting on what's for dinner.....
Liberty is a well armed Lamb !

Offline Classanr

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • BP, the original bug chaser!
Re: Building a Presentation Case......
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 04:56:03 PM »
Love the historical nature of the box-to-be!
Jim Beam me, Scotty!  Life here is more intelligent than I.

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 05:26:55 PM »
Neat!

Pro tip; wrap the dividers before they go into the box, and wrap the free edges underneath them.  You can get a perfectly neat velvet lining that way.
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.   James 1:25 (KJV)

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.   James 2:12. (KJV)

Offline Cross Plains Drifter

• Born 100 yrs. late !
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 06:12:12 AM »
Neat!

Pro tip; wrap the dividers before they go into the box, and wrap the free edges underneath them.  You can get a perfectly neat velvet lining that way.

yep !

one of my friends as a teen was a 3rd generation upholsterer.......hanging out at the shop (sipping a pint) after hrs. watching my bud ply his craft is not forgotten
Democracy is 2 Wolves and a Lamb voting on what's for dinner.....
Liberty is a well armed Lamb !

Offline Capnball

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 03:20:03 PM »
I think everybody wants one of those. Post up some pics when she is done!