Author Topic: Pic of cap being ejected  (Read 527 times)

Offline Shirt

Pic of cap being ejected
« on: June 01, 2018, 05:50:45 PM »
Caught a cap being ejected in mid air. My friend was shooting my 58

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Pic of cap being ejected
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 07:42:25 PM »
Very neat photo!

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 09:42:40 PM »
Action pic, good deal.  It would be very convenient if all spent caps ejected and flew free from the revolver upon the very next fire. 
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".   
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline Shirt

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 05:32:56 AM »
Thanks
& agree

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 10:29:06 PM »
Nice catch!

The Stryker 12 shotgun has a very simple "auto gas eject" system, as I call it.  There's a small cutout at the cylinder gap, and a channel, which directs enough gas into the previously fired chamber to eject the previously fired shell.  The loading gate keeps the loaded shell in the chamber when you fire the first shot, and then opens as soon as the cylinder rotates to the next position to fire shot number two, and it ejects empty shell number one.  That only leaves the last fired shell to eject when you're done with all twelve shots in the cylinder.  It works partly because the cylinder is enclosed inside a steel drum.

I don't suppose such a system could be employed to eject spent caps, but it would be handy.  Of course some of the gas from any shot is going to pressurize the chamber next to it.  If we increase the effect somehow, we might also increase the incidence of a chainfire on the first shot.  Then again it is 1860s tech.  21st Century tech already offers solutions.
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.   James 1:25 (KJV)

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.   James 2:12. (KJV)

Offline drobs

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 01:24:41 AM »
Nice photo.

NRA Life Member