Author Topic: posting photo  (Read 302 times)

Offline bladesmith

posting photo
« on: May 31, 2018, 09:09:19 AM »
From a file I selected a photo and put it in the " attachments" - how do I get it in the message, or should I say, up here where I'm now typing ?

Offline sltm1

Re: posting photo
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 10:43:19 AM »
Open "attachments" and copy and paste the picture, it'll show in the post
Life's tough...it's tougher when yer stupid !!

Offline bladesmith

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 12:58:20 PM »
I see what I want in the attachment box, but that's as far as I get. I can't get up here in the message box.

Offline bladesmith

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 01:03:10 PM »
Maybe more info would help. I open the attachment box, click on browse, open a photo from my files and it goes in the attachment box. Now what do I do to get it in my message. I don't see what to click on or what to do to make it go from the attachment box to here.

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 02:17:37 PM »
While making a reply, or a new thread post, look below the text box, and click on "Attachments and other options", then click "Brouse" and select the photo, which can only be done if the photo is located on the computer you're posting from.  The photo's location and file name will then appear in the little attachments box.  Post the comment.  Done deal.  Just like this here.

E.T.A.; There is no "copy" or "paste" to be done.  Exactly as I said it above is how this photo got here.

Or do I misunderstand the question?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:24:18 PM by Omnivore »
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.   James 1:25 (KJV)

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.   James 2:12. (KJV)

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 02:35:29 PM »
I open the attachment box, click on browse, open a photo from my files and it goes in the attachment box.

Post the comment.  Done deal.

])M
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".   
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline bladesmith

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 04:37:46 PM »
OK, here goes . I did as you said, and as I said earlier. Now I'll post.

Offline bladesmith

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 04:40:13 PM »
Well, I thought I had to do something to get the photo in the message before I hit the post button. Thank you for being so considerate and bearing with me. Paul

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 10:30:13 PM »
You can upload them to a hosting site like Imgur and get bigger pics instead of the little thumbnails that sometimes enlarge and sometimes don't.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.