Author Topic: Where to buy powder flask?  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Yolla Bolly Brad

Re: Where to buy powder flask?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 01:59:55 PM »
Damn! Being able to shoot off your back deck, that's a lifelong fantasy I've had.
Brad Potter, hardware junky.

Offline bladesmith

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 09:55:25 AM »
That was why I moved to my present home in 1979. Ten acres, half wooded and half open. North of me is a wooded ten more of low land and a stream going through it and farm land all around. The wife and I built our house without electric in one summer. Did everything except the brick work and drywall. I put up a 8'x10' façade and a target board 50 yards out.  The only neighbor is a gunsmith I sold the other 10 to. Town is three miles away and the gun club three miles the other way. I, my daughter and granddaughter have shot deer and turkey in the back woods and can shoot my shotguns, pistols, or rifles any time without anyone bitching. God, life don't get no better. Well, maybe another NMA.

Offline mike116

• Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.com
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 11:28:16 AM »
Damn! Being able to shoot off your back deck, that's a lifelong fantasy I've had.

I could shoot from my back deck if I wanted to.    Problem is I'd only be able to do one time.

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 03:07:46 PM »
I can legally shoot on my rural property but prefer to keep life "on the low". Within a mile of here there are dyke cat ladies, New Age meditators, retired Berkeley professors, pot farmers and other California Democrats who, when they hear shots, think it's a gun fight robbery terrorist attack & dope deal gone wrong, so I just get out-the-way.  A ten minuet drive and a five minuet walk and I can shoot all week and ain't nobody gona hear nothin.  Life's pretty good here in the Coast Range ... even if it is GD Cali.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".   
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline drobs

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2018, 06:54:13 PM »

I could shoot from my back deck if I wanted to.    Problem is I'd only be able to do one time.

Moved to this house about 10 years ago. 1st time I shot off the back deck I was anticipating hearing sirens.
At the time I had no neighbors. Have 2 neighbors now but on the other side of a large hill. 1 neighbor has nice 100yd range set up. I only have short 25yd range. Need to figure out where to put a longer range or buy some more land.

I too have 10 acres 1/2 is woods.
NRA Life Member

Offline Capnball

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2018, 02:01:20 PM »
G-dog, your location was starting to sound like you live near me, as a Bull and her honey are just down the road, and some of the other people sound like some around here (Ky.)  Getting back on topic, i also have been looking for a nice flask and don't want the generic modern day junk with three screw, etc. I am going to pick up an original antique one at a funshow, as i always see a few and they are a bit pricey. I am a master at bartering and will get the price down to Earth before i buy. I will post pics when it happens, probably no time soon.

Offline Capnball

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 06:45:13 AM »
After an exhaustive search for a decent flask, I went to Cabela's and ordered the Pedersoli Remington flask and the baby flask. They are both high quality in a world of mass production and disposable everything. The only gripe is the actuation lever is a cast zinc with a rather thin brass plating. Just another few pennies in the production cost could of put a solid brass lever on the flask and made it a 10 instead of a 9!

Offline Pustic

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Proud American Hillbilly Infidel
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 11:02:19 AM »
˙ɯǝɥʇ sllǝs uozɐɯ∀
{?( Be ye not afraid of the truth, for the "Truth Has No Agenda".  :9)
"If they come to take, they also come to die." Pustic 3:16

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.