Author Topic: Problem with Cabela's  (Read 2298 times)

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Problem with Cabela's
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2018, 10:13:48 PM »
"Flash-holes" is another term for them. 

If so, i'll just say hell with it and keep them.

The term flash hole may get confused with flash channel, which is already a good term and refers to a specific localized area.

Ride it out and make them do what you're paying them to do.  Hard to delay things, we know, but you’ll have those nice spark plugs for years, so make them get it right, sez I.     :9)
... conserve ammunition ... finish him with  your hatchet.
          From Robert Rogers' 28 "Rules of Ranging"

Offline Kentucky Kid

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2018, 07:33:14 PM »
Just received the 6 nipples from cabela's and they are SS and fit fine so everything's ok.  It was a big 2 week hassle but they did let me keep the 6 blued nipples they mistakenly sent me with the SS cylinder.

Put the SS cylinder in one of my blued 1858s and the combination looks great.

Anyone have an idea why they sell the blued and SS cylinders at the same price?  They don't call it a sale and for years the SS cylinder was 20 bucks more.

Offline TinMan2

• Retired Sgt. Demolition Safety Officer
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2018, 08:51:46 PM »
no idea on current pricing except the stainless sells WAY less than the blued carbon steel.  Few stainless guns are sold.  Most folks that shoot BP want blued carbon steel guns.  The stainless guns are not period and are no easier to clean than blued guns.  Just my $.02
I could have gone to work today but the voices in my head said "stay home and clean the guns"

Offline Kentucky Kid

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2018, 08:57:19 PM »
no idea on current pricing except the stainless sells WAY less than the blued carbon steel.  Few stainless guns are sold.  Most folks that shoot BP want blued carbon steel guns.  The stainless guns are not period and are no easier to clean than blued guns.  Just my $.02

I'm surprised to hear blued greatly outsells  SS .  I  think SS looks MUCH better and is less likely to rust.

Of course the cleaning process is the same for both.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2018, 06:18:36 AM »

I'm surprised to hear blued greatly outsells  SS .  I  think SS looks MUCH better and is less likely to rust.

Of course the cleaning process is the same for both.

I have no desire to own a stainless gun.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Offline mike116

• Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.com
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2018, 07:14:55 AM »
I'm with Hawg,  no stainless here either.