Author Topic: number 10's Pietta vs new Uberti  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Cross Plains Drifter

• Born 100 yrs. late !
Re: number 10's Pietta vs new Uberti
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2018, 07:42:48 PM »
the priming compound (explosive glue) is what i've seen as little blobs on the inside side-wall of several caps......the green paper will be in place, but the priming compound is stuck to the wall of the cap.....when this happens, the paper plugs the nipple, and the compound (which has been scraped to the TOP of the paper by seating) ignites with a weak fizz, and a small piece of the paper and or glue clog the nipple.

next time I notice this i'll photograph it for reference

it's absolutely not oil or grease causing this (on MY guns).....I know how to keep nipples cleared
Democracy is 2 Wolves and a Lamb voting on what's for dinner.....
Liberty is a well armed Lamb !

• Born 100 yrs. late !
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2018, 03:48:44 PM »
Ha HA .....arrived today !!
1000 #10 Remington caps for my favorite revolver of them all........

getting down to below 50, and having a hard time finding them, has taught me to not complain about the occasional pop/fizz

• Born 100 yrs. late !
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2018, 11:31:19 PM »
fired off 72 rounds this morning  without a single hiccup.......36 Rem.#10s + 36 CCI #10s.

some of the Rem-caps had the cream colored detonation compound smeared on the inner capwalls, but none as an actual "blob" , and they all went off with 1 trigger-pull.

the CCIs functioned w/o flaw in my 8" Pietta.

taking my time and cleaning between cylinders, loading carefully and sipping coffee throughout I spent a lovely 4+ hours banging steel-plates at 25 yards......about halfway through I ran out of T7 and had to start loading with 3F Goex which is DEFINITELY weaker by volume than T7...although POI was +/-  the same.
a couple of the Uberti cylinders were the 185 gr .452 conicals.....that hit where RBs hit.

70 dead steel plates from 72 trigger pulls........good enough for me!

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:41:31 PM by Cross Plains Drifter »