1858 remington forum

Author Topic: Selling my Pair of new Whitneys with consecutive seerial #'s  (Read 925 times)

Offline pope52

• www.sedonahomeinspection.com
Selling my Pair of new Whitneys with consecutive seerial #'s
« on: February 18, 2018, 12:30:41 PM »
Gentlemen,

If anyone one is looking,  (not you Bruce, I know what you think of Palmetto  ;) I am selling my pair of brand new, consecutive numbered, Palmetto Whitney's : Gunbroker Item #748964607

Good Luck & Thanks ])M
Pope 52

Offline Fingers McGee

• Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Re: Selling my Pair of new Whitneys with consecutive seerial #'s
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 09:38:45 PM »
I cant tell from the pictures; but it looks like the cylinders do not have safety notches
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS 28564-LTG-Regulator, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Founding member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters.  Member:  The Ozarks Posse, Southern Missouri Rangers, Moniteau Creek River Raiders, Butterfield Trail Cowboys.

Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline pope52

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 07:47:47 PM »
Hi Fingers,

You are absolutely correct- I just peeled the wrapper off one of them to check,  :) and yes, no safety notches. Want to call Palmetto and tell them? (?^

JP  ])M

Offline drobs

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 02:07:50 PM »
Guns look unfired?

Just aint right.
NRA Life Member

Offline pope52

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 03:39:19 PM »
Totally Unfired-looks like they have been in the original wrappers ever since they left the factory. Triggers have been pulled a few times. When I got the guns last year the oil was all dried up and gummy. I had to spray fresh oil to get them out of the wrappers.

Just aint right. ???