1858 remington forum

Author Topic: is the ROA back?!?!?!?!  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
Re: is the ROA back?!?!?!?!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 08:34:29 PM »
Mighty expensive for NOS. You can get a bunch of Pietta's or a Colt 1911. There's a lot of guns you could get with that kind of money that's much better than a ROA.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 08:58:31 PM »
here is my vtx after the pipes, PCIII and hypercharger running a 50 shot of dry nitrous (it doesnt need nitrous to go 125 lol). unfortunately when honda designed the 1800's they only put just enough gear in them so they hit the rev limiter at about 124/125mph after you put "power adders" on them... so i'm going to be putting the 1300 final drive in which has taller gears and with all the power this thing makes now she will be more friendly around town... i'll be looking forward to getting it in the bike and sending you run times, top speed, hp/torque data etc...

thanks!!!

bruce
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline Bishop Creek

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 10:07:58 PM »
here is my vtx after the pipes, PCIII and hypercharger running a 50 shot of dry nitrous (it doesnt need nitrous to go 125 lol). unfortunately when honda designed the 1800's they only put just enough gear in them so they hit the rev limiter at about 124/125mph after you put "power adders" on them... so i'm going to be putting the 1300 final drive in which has taller gears and with all the power this thing makes now she will be more friendly around town... i'll be looking forward to getting it in the bike and sending you run times, top speed, hp/torque data etc...

thanks!!!

bruce

Say what?! What does that have to do with the Ruger Old army?

Offline drobs

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 12:27:16 AM »
These ROA's are getting into Springfield M1A money. I'd rather have another M1A. ROA's as I recall, were always expensive when they were readily available new.

Ruger seems to have jacked their prices way up on most of their steel frame revolvers.
I wouldn't mind one of those new 45 Colt / 45 ACP Redhawks but don't want to give what they are asking for them.

NRA Life Member

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 12:16:32 PM »
I don't know either, but my guess is that the guns are NOS. if you had a serial number you could find out the date of manufacture.

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 12:54:09 PM »

thanks!!!

bruce

Say what?! What does that have to do with the Ruger Old army?

that was supposed to be an email... i have no idea why my phone posted it here... lol...
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline Hewy

• Black Friday
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 06:43:24 PM »
Recently talked with a guy that has ROAs , he states a gun shop here in California requires
these to now be registered through an FFL as a firearm. When I questioned him further he said , gun shops have
stated the DOJ definition as ROA not being a reproduction of an antque  made prior to 1898, It is a modification of a
new Ruger Black Hawk frame.
Here we go ...........
Hewy
Better to be gettin , than gettin got.

Offline Bishop Creek

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2017, 07:19:00 PM »
Recently talked with a guy that has ROAs , he states a gun shop here in California requires
these to now be registered through an FFL as a firearm. When I questioned him further he said , gun shops have
stated the DOJ definition as ROA not being a reproduction of an antque  made prior to 1898, It is a modification of a
new Ruger Black Hawk frame.
Here we go ...........

That may well be one gun shop with that requirement. A search of all online California DOJ documents shows no such listing for the ROA. California goes by the Federal listing of "antiques." In any case, gun shops screw up their records by logging in muzzle loading firearms into their books.

Offline Hewy

• Black Friday
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 09:10:26 PM »
Logging muzzle loaders in log books ? So when Feds agents spot check their records, what happens
Hewy
Better to be gettin , than gettin got.

Offline Bishop Creek

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 09:30:12 PM »
If it is an FFL transfer, it has to go into their log books. If it is a non-FFL entry like a muzzle loader it causes problems, except in states like Illinois, etc., where they have to do that. Not in California though.