Author Topic: Shooting my Rogers & Spencer (Video)  (Read 1189 times)

Offline BlackpowderJim

Shooting my Rogers & Spencer (Video)
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:52:20 PM »
It was May of this year (2017) that I loaded up the old R & S and headed for the hills. Here is an example of my marksmanship. I was shooting at an old solvent can about 50 feet away. The first shot was to the left, but the next four were on target. Not bad shooting for an old man who is "fat and scant of breath" plus the wind was blowing like crazy. The video takes a few minutes to download but it is worth it to see the beautiful desert in high definition littered by a-wipes who cannot pick up after their pig selves.
https://www.mediafire.com/?rfmff939f3mwvd3

Offline Hellgate

Re: Shooting my Rogers & Spencer (Video)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 09:10:56 AM »
That high def takes you right out there. Thanks for the demo.
I've been called the Imelda Marcos of cap & ball for having over 15 of them. That's a compliment.
SASS #3302 Life, Regulator
NRA Life
Wolverton Mtn Peacekeepers
Former Orygun Cowboy Ranger
Posse From Hell (Honorary)
RUCAS#58
DGB#29

Offline BlackpowderJim

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 02:44:49 PM »
That high def takes you right out there. Thanks for the demo.

Thanks for the viewing. The only trouble with the high def is that you see all the garbage people have dumped out there. It always amazes me why people would just throw their garbage in the desert thinking that it will just disappear.

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 03:33:54 PM »
 It took me several minutes to capture twenty seconds of video.  The image quality is awesome, but at 200 MB for a super short video; some file compression is in order.  By contrast, I can stream "HD" video on this system with seldom any pause.

That being said; it looks like you have one of those shooting places that is extremely nice, but also is threatened by other people's a use of the property.  I've lost several choice shooting spots to the same phenomenon.
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.   James 1:25 (KJV)

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.   James 2:12. (KJV)

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 04:18:46 PM »
With my slow internet, I was not even to download the video!

Offline BlackpowderJim

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 10:33:54 AM »
I will download the video in a faster format and repost it here. One of the reasons my R & S is so darn accurate is that it has a trigger pull so light that a gnat's fart could set off.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 11:25:51 AM »
A gnat's fart!  (?^
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!