Author Topic: .31 Remington Grip Mod  (Read 853 times)

Offline AZshooter

.31 Remington Grip Mod
« on: June 04, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »
I recently watched a Mike Beleveau video where he was firing a snubnosed 1858 he made, including Birdshead grips.

I think a Birdshead grip on the 1863 would be ideal for this little pocket revolver. Any thoughts from the more rational folks here? 

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
Re: .31 Remington Grip Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 06:43:59 PM »
Any thoughts from the more rational folks here?

nope, no rational folks here... just a bunch of kooks with our newfangled smokeless powder and hot rod cap guns...
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 07:34:21 PM »
Seems like a neat idea to me, if there's enough steel to work with and if it ends up fitting your hand. 

Then again, that "atomic disintegrator" is pretty cool too.  Can you still get the enriched plutonium pellets for it?

I have one of the "Earl" mini revolvers from NAA, and its miniature Remington style grip bites my hand something fierce, right at the back of the butt.  One day I will round off the back of it.

I don't have a Remington Pocket, but I would expect that they did a better job of shaping the grip into something more practical.  My Colt Police from Uberti is actually quite pleasant to hold and shoot, and all I did to it was take the proud wood down to meet the metal-- It keeps the original grip shape.
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.   James 1:25 (KJV)

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.   James 2:12. (KJV)

Offline AZshooter

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 03:07:46 PM »
Just got my steel frame model delivered & after removing the grips, there isn't enough metal in the grip frame to properly shape a bird's Head grip - the tail of the hammer spring fits into the frame right about where the shaping needs to be done.