Author Topic: Caps becoming more available  (Read 3712 times)

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Caps becoming more available
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 12:33:57 PM »
how they feel about "contempt of cop" by someone ... Long sad story shortened, EPA's still here, family isn't!

EPA’s probable position:  It was necessary to destroy the village in order to save the village. 

CCI #10 has always been plentiful in NW CA.  Go figure.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".   
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline Cross Plains Drifter

• Born 100 yrs. late !
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 02:41:14 AM »
availability hasn't been any problem here in N.E. Bama, but i'm one of the ones "suffering" through the issue of "New improved Remington caps" containing duds at a rate of +/- 5/100.
I only have one Uberti that uses Rem caps and 3 more tins to use up.........then i'm doing a nipple swap and using the CCI caps I buy in bulk for my Piettas on everything........can't remember my last CCI dud.
Democracy is 2 Wolves and a Lamb voting on what's for dinner.....
Liberty is a well armed Lamb !

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 05:20:30 PM »
I used to think I liked Remington No. 10 - but not anymore.   CCI has proven to be ever so much more reliable.  They stay put on my stock Pietta cones too - so well in fact that after firing they have to be removed with my thumb nail or piece of stick.  I like that a lot.

Remington’s seem overly inclined to pop a little, fizz, smoke, ignite nothing and then fall off on the next hammer draw.  One can’t start putting up with that, no way.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".   
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline Kentucky Kid

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2017, 12:09:42 PM »
$38.49 for a thousand #10s.??  That's  a good price.  I buy my caps at sportsmen's warehouse and they haven't had any shortages but they charge $6 per hundred remmy 10s.

Offline old fogey

• Forum Legend
  • What do you mean "Tax Time Again"?!?
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 09:24:46 PM »
Actually cheaper than that (depending on where you live, shipping and handling for HAZ-Mat adds up quick -) but if you buy those CCI's you like here, you're still eligible for the $ 10 mail-in rebate from the manufacturer! Thus, theoretically, you could get them for $28.49 per 1000!

Offline snake-eyes

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Erin Go Bragh
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 01:46:23 PM »
fogey,
         Nice headsup! Thanks (T^
snake-eyes  )&&
Member: NRA
Member: Columbus Muzzleloading Gun Club
Co-Founder and charter member: Traditional M/L Ass.
www.TraditionalMuzzleloadingassociation.com
If you come to a fork in the road,take it! Yogi Berra

Ever wonder who God roots for in a religious war??